General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Here's the pics of my 06 monte after paint and bodywork, The pictures don't do it justice

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Default RE: Here's the pics of my 06 monte after paint and bodywork, The pictures don't do it justice

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Ty,[/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing/posting pic's of your Monte.[/align][align=center]Are you going to add fog lights, & a NASCAR Spoiler ?[/align][align=center]Looks great with the SS parts : )[/align][align=center]What other Mod's are your planning ?[/align][align=center]Safe/Happy miles,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
I put the magnaflow exhaust on and a K&N, When the tires wear out I'm thinking wheels 18" any suggestions gotta be chrome or polished! nothing to wild I'm over 50 Other than thatI'm done for now.
I do have a LT spoiler if someone wants it.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Default RE: Here's the pics of my 06 monte after paint and bodywork, The pictures don't do it justice

Luv the color
Thanks dustybird it's code 63 Sport Red effect it has alot of pearl and metallic it's also $140 a quart with clear over that. It wasn't a cheap paint job. My wife flipped when I told her how much I spent on paint! But she really likes it now infact I haven't even driven it since I got done.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice '06. Wish I could find a deal like that and have a decent running car when done with it.

Good luck with the car.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 AM

I like the color and the ss parts on it. I'm planning on putting the ss air dam on my car too. How does the Magnaflow's sound on there? Got a sound clip

Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 AM

I don't have a sound clip (not to computer savy) but it doesnt sound to bad, performance is a little better mostly at the top end. It sounds like a V6 with a cat back on it. I have Dynomax on my GP it sounds about the same, The GP may be a bit louder.
If you plan on the SS air dams you have to change the bumper covers and rocker skirts, or do some mods. I didnt use the SS rockers or the bumper covers so I had to do some cutting to make them fit. also I had to tuck the front and rear airdams in about a inch to match the rockers, But it came out good.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 AM

I'm having a friend of the family do it, he owns his own body shop and said he'll make it work so I'm leaving it to him. Because IDK body work, lol. I have Flowmaster's now on my car and was looking into the Magnaflow Catback. Is the sound and performance worth it? Could you have someone help you but a video on the comp. I would really like to hear what it sounds like before I spend $550

Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Great looking paint job. She will look nice with 18" chrome wheels. I'm an over 50 guy myself, and I like the bling bling look. I really like the 18" chrome wheels on my 07 SS, which are the GM accessory wheel for both the Monte & Impala. Expensive, but I live in the great white north, and wanted the GM factory warranty on the wheels, as I don't intend to switch them out for the winter. These would look great IMHO with your colour. I get many many comments on them.

I still have the original equipment 18"SS wheels which came on the car. I have them for sale @ $200 canadian each. Probably can get them on E Bay or somewhere cheaper, but if I don't sell them, they will be going back on the car at trade-in time.