General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hello Just Need some Help Finding add on's

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Default Hello Just Need some Help Finding add on's

Where is The Cheepest K&N Cai Can buy online. Heard a 3.8 today with one and Sounded sweet Soo Time To blow some tax money. And 8K HIDs on the way. and Im not sure what els to do. Thinking U bend delete would like more information on that. Anything Other little thing i can do for know?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:24 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why don't you look into the Thrasher CAI or SLP intake. They cost just over $200 shipped and they are inclosed system. I like the looks of the K&N and have it on my Red 03 show car, but performance wise I would go with one of the one's I mentioned above. People swear by the ZZP Wizarire but I found it a little pricey after you added the Filter cone (according to the check out system it wasn't included but an added extra $40 cost).

Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We have tons of posts about the U-Bend delete and how beneficial it is.

See how much of a restriction that is? You can get a straight pipe welded in, with a spot for the o2 sensor, or get a downpipe bolted in.

As for the intake, if you want a K&N you will pay for that name. If you wanna get the stuff and make your own, there are plenty of DIYs written online. If you want a kit that's a little cheaper, zzperformance.com (under grand prix) sells a wiz-aired kit.

If it doesn't have a heat shield, and doesn't have a PCM tray, it's a Hot Air Intake, and won't do much for you.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Check out some exhaust options. I got the ubend delete and 2 flowmaster 40's put on my car for about 280 bucks. Personally, I love it. When I added my wiz-air, it dropped the sound deeper yet and added a better growl.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Why don't you look into the Thrasher CAI or SLP intake. They cost just over $200 shipped and they are inclosed system. I like the looks of the K&N and have it on my Red 03 show car, but performance wise I would go with one of the one's I mentioned above. People swear by the ZZP Wizarire but I found it a little pricey after you added the Filter cone (according to the check out system it wasn't included but an added extra $40 cost).

Hey my guesse Thrasher CAI or SLP intake and named brand like K&N would like more info on these. Like performance wise whats the differnace?

and this WIZARIRE i was looking at. Whats the benifets with this?

Im more or less looking for the best bang for your buck on CAI. I want one that Performse good BUT WITH A really GOOD SOUND.. thx

Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Steven73
Where is The Cheepest K&N Cai Can buy online. Heard a 3.8 today with one and Sounded sweet Soo Time To blow some tax money. And 8K HIDs on the way. and Im not sure what els to do. Thinking U bend delete would like more information on that. Anything Other little thing i can do for know?
you got supercharged right? if it's me i would just cam it and call it a day. personally i think if you want to make some decent power you need to break in the motor little bit. by doing little small mods like everybody said will help little bit but not a whole lot like you want. ubend delete will probably give you about 5 more horse. cai get better throttle body respond and maybe few horse, but nothing like 15-20 hp like they advertised. i think VS cam probably be good for your budget you can run with your stock heads, injectors, etc. i would upgrade to #105 spring tho and pcm from overkill or intense.

Last edited by nemesis; 04-02-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Steven73
Hey my guesse Thrasher CAI or SLP intake and named brand like K&N would like more info on these. Like performance wise whats the differnace?

and this WIZARIRE i was looking at. Whats the benifets with this?

Im more or less looking for the best bang for your buck on CAI. I want one that Performse good BUT WITH A really GOOD SOUND.. thx
I thing 3800performance.com sells the Thrasher and the SLP CAI. Do a google search to find the best prices.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
you got supercharged right? if it's me i would just cam it and call it a day. personally i think if you want to make some decent power you need to break in the motor little bit. by doing little small mods like everybody said will help little bit but not a whole lot like you want. ubend delete will probably give you about 5 more horse. cai get better throttle body respond and maybe few horse, but nothing like 15-20 hp like they advertised. i think VS cam probably be good for your budget you can run with your stock heads, injectors, etc. i would upgrade to #105 spring tho and pcm from overkill or intense.

Well ive never done a CAM I would have to look more into that deffinitly. I only sugested little things becase its something easy and fast i can do on my own time. But yes im going to look more into that. thx

Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you want the CAI, get the CAI. Suck it up and pay for the name if that is also what you want.

There are about 6 options to choose from, one of them being a build your own. Just take the money that you can, and choose an option. (never choosing ebay HAI)

If you have $150 to blow, but really don't want to make your own, then wait a little bit and get the one you want. Save up and do things right. Get what you want. This is what makes the aftermarket useful.