General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hate. Dislike........

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Default RE: Hate.

btw i didnt buy the car for speed i dont care how fast it goes... it's what i'm going to do to it.. rims windows exhaust system. holal at me

Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Even if the 5th gens are a two door version of the Lumina, or the 7th gens are a 2 door version of the Impala. Who cares?!? They're still great cars.

The idea of onemodel being a modified version of another model is nothing new. The original Pontiac GTO was a modified Pontiac Tempest. The list of examples can go on for days. Evaluate the car for itself.

As far as why people hate the 90's Monte Carlo, or 90's anything for that matter, is just a matter of taste and what's in-style or out-of-style. Things from the previous decade tend to go out of style for a number of years, then come back into style. This is common in a lot of things including music, fashion, and cars.

Right now, most people consider the 90's cars to be "out of style". The 2000-2007 Montes will begin to be considered "dated" or out of style very soon, if they haven't been already. I'm guessing the 90's styling will make a return to the mass public in a few years, as "retro 90's".

Case in point, who would have thought 10-15 years ago, that a large number of cars today would have the aerodynamics of a refridgerator box. But look at the popularity of the Dodge Charger and Magnumfor example.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM

why all this bull and it's just a car that gets yuou from point a to point b.. i mean wow.. people b thinkin cars r godly. umm no

Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

98monte... i don't know whats gotten into you, but i hope you get over it soon man... nobody here has ever said they hated or really disliked the 5th generation Monte's. If I'm wrong, please point me to the post where the statemnet was made. People here generally love all Monte Carlo's. And now you've gone towards the "unforgivable sin" in cars...

"A car only gets you from point A to point B, why are they godly?"

A car isn't necessarily "Godly", but we respect and take care of our cars.Our cars make a statement about oursleves.They show that we take care of the things that belong to us, and if you're driving a Monte Carlo, it states that you won't a fine, luxurious, and somewhat fast automobile

Sorry to have to call you out man... but I haven't seen anybody on this forum hating on 5th generation Monte's who didn't eventauly end up banned.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 PM

u anit callin me out.. a car is a car i drive a monte, wow... i'm cool. um no come at me right man.. yes i do take car of my car because it's mine and no one elses. why dont you guys change the black monte on the top of the page to a 5th or 4th generation? i mean, c'mon.. don't come at me man unless you gone come real. i'ma always have something to say.

ant.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that pictaure has been there for a couple years.. probably as old as the forum itself. we're not going to change the picture simply because 1 member has to become a whining crybabywho doesn't think he anybody likes his car, and change everything to please him.

sorry, it isn't going to happen.

most monte carlo websites have pictures of all generations... this one just doesn't. o'well.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay everybody stop and calm down!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz
I'm guessing the 90's styling will make a return to the mass public in a few years, as "retro 90's".
Oh I sure hope not, but then again I'll still have my Monte so I shouldn't have to worry about buying a new car for awhile... Anyone wanna give me $12-15k for an 01-02 Trans-Am?

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622
most monte carlo websites have pictures of all generations... this one just doesn't. o'well.
Hmm, that would be cool to get all 6 or 7 lined up and get a picture just for this site, but then again most members of MCF seem to own a 2000+ Monte...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Hmm, that would be cool to get all 6 or 7 lined up and get a picture just for this site, but then again most members of MCF seem to own a 2000+ Monte...
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Garrett, that's a great `idea to have a HomePage Pic[/align][align=center]of all generation Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]Maybe we could get our Master DeSign Artist `Craig[/align][align=center]to create one, & we can have our dedicated `Moderator's[/align][align=center]submit it to our sites Administrator `Patrick for consideration.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Or, maybe we could have a contest, and every members that is[/align][align=center]gifted with the abilities of PhotoShop could submit their edition/creation.[/align][align=center]Kinda like a Family Portrait of Monte Carlo's [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is a breakdown of MCF Member's that have posted[/align][align=center]"What Generation is your Monte Carlo?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on the below link 2 view [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_17886/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`SpaceBum's, Let us Pray for continued [:-]`Peace on the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]and for a future Family Portrait of every[/align][align=center]Generation Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center][8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/76B407E5B2CA4EFA9F2C8FEAD66A8108.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-27-2008, 03:16 PM

98, We have lots of 5th gen members on this forum. If you want to find out how they have in MOTM, take a journey back through our Winner's threads.

We are a family atmosphere here at MCF. We help and support each other. Z34 Phoenix is a very outstanding member who is a wealth of knowledge on 5th gen Montes.

If you are not really that into your car, why did you join a forum for Monte Carlo enthusiasts?

Quick Reply: Hate. Dislike........