General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

halo lights where can I find them

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Default RE: halo lights where can I find them

have you seen teh prices for the true HID systems?
they are for low beams --600.00
high beams are 400.00
and fogs are 300.00
your looking at 1300.00 for the frnt of your car just so you can see.

but please if you can find me a TRUE H.I.D. system that works all three lights and a pluse would be getting rid of DLR'S.

Please let me know where your finding them.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

have you seen teh prices for the true HID systems?
they are for low beams --600.00
high beams are 400.00
and fogs are 300.00
your looking at 1300.00 for the frnt of your car just so you can see.

but please if you can find me a TRUE H.I.D. system that works all three lights and a pluse would be getting rid of DLR'S.

Please let me know where your finding them.
Not just so you can see, so that you stand out and blind the hell out of everyone around you... lol

True HID's produce a super bluish/white light that I find extremly attractive. Enough to pay $1300?? Nope...lol

Old 07-21-2005, 06:01 AM

yeah i hear ya LOL I was looking at them the other night again so i knew what the figures were on that site.

But i have wondered if you could find the system in a Land rover or another car that has them stock on them and take the system out of the car in a bone yard. Thn you could get it on your car for a hell of alot less then 1300 i would hope.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 AM

Ok....Heres first hand talk of HID retrofits. I bought a set from ebay from a company called hidynamic and the brand was KDG. I payed 275 for my kit which was an 8000k kit. Pretty blue oncoming but slightly less on the ground. I recommend NOTHING more than 8000k in fact 8000 is less intense than like 4300 OR 6000, which defeats the whole idea of HID lights. Second of all, adding HID bulbs in a housing designed for halogens is still cutting the effect of an hid bulb. Its still a world of difference over a normal halogen bulb. To me it was more than worth the 275 but there still not as good as a car that came with it from the factory because halogen and hid bulbs focus the beam differently so the housings are actually different for one car that may have HID as an option. And you cant goto the boneyard and get a setup off a car that has them, a vehicle that has them from the factory has a different bulb other than an afermarket kit containing a bulb to replace say a 9006 or a h4 style bulb, thats why they wana know what kind your vehicle has, true factory kits fit in the housing completly differently. I work for a lincoln dealer and replaced many and they lock in differetly than a standard halogen. So my word to you is do some research before you buy a kit. Ive had mine for about 6 months and im very happy. Although my factory controller did burn up that controls the DTRL and also the regular lights so at one point i had to hardwire them in like anything aftermarket. Im not sure why it burnt it up since they actually pull less power than a halogen bulb. If anyone has any questions concerning HID's feel free to email me at indyguy3400@yahoo.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:29 AM

i was thinking i would end up having to buy the bulbs seperate from what ever i got the hid setup out of
Like the land rover and then change the bulbs to teh ones that fit our cars. i dont think that would be to hard to solder in . but of course like everythign else it will have to wait till i can get money and now it has to wit till i can heal up to get out of the house more then i can now LOL

Old 08-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Mickey...no matter how you slice it bulbs out of a landrover arent going to fit into your headlamps. Just as a h4 bulbs wont fit into a 9006 or 9005 because the base of the bulb one is physically different, it has nothing to do with the connector but rather the base of the bulb itself that twists and locks into the headlamp housing. Theres no way around it cheaply, your best bet ie ebay and a kit made to fit into your car specifit for its original type bulb. and by the time you buy bulbs and some new or used seperate ballast to power the bulbs your looking at the same price, and i woudnt wana solder anything....those ballast produce upwards or 30000 volts to ignite the gas in the bulb..so soldering would only increase resistance and potentially give you a hard time maybe lighting the buld or maitingint it to stay lit. You guys sure like to make things hard..my whole kit took 5 minutes to install and you wana do so much more work with used stuff for the same price.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:58 PM

http://www.hidynamic.com

You can find them on ebay

Old 08-08-2005, 08:05 PM

yes i know what your saying it is not that we like to make it hard it is the price that makes it hard.
Also i would not attempt to use the bulbs out of a land rover I was talking about the rest of the system not that actual bulb.

But again that would take some reserch I dont do things half assed on my car if it somethign i can do with out making it look like it was done with bailing wire and bubbel gum I will reserch it.

But even still the price of the kits and the fact that i would like to change all of the bulbs over not just the low beams but the whole lighting system from the low beams to the fog lights.
So the kit i would need would be three diffrent ones from wha ti have seen and is still almost 3000,00
so that is a chunk of change that right now i dont have so i will suffer with the ones i have or find somethign diffrent.
Belive me if i sodler them on to it i would replace the whole wire from the ballsed to the hook up tot he actual socket to fit the car. When i got done with it it would look just like it was a stock set up in the car.

Belive me im not a stranger to doing this type of thing I had to mill spacers for a 1940 dodge that i had and could not find the right ones If i have to i will go to that extream to make it right. Not sayign everyone here go out and try it .
But i do agree if the kit is goign to be the same price then i would just get the kit.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 AM

I dunno why you would even wana repace the low high and fog lights al with HID.....low beams alone are plenty good from where i sit, although ive never been behind the wheel of a car usingHID as the high beams too its hard to phathom anything brighter than the low beams.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I have Silverstar's and they just don't seem to be that bright...

I had some of those cheap ole ebay blue bulbs that were very nice but they crapped out very quickly. If I do any other lighting upgrades I am going with true HID's..

I don't know what bulbs our headlights use, but if they're 9005/9006, I have a solution to your problem that would put a smile on your face and keep some of those greenbacks in your wallet.

Quick Reply: halo lights where can I find them