General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

got my tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

met up with local jeep in the city. found out all 3 of us live like 20 minutes from each others.

order front drill/slotted with ceramic pads for $85 shipped...that's a pretty good deal!

took my dog to doggies beach by lake shore drive. i can't believe he enjoy the water so much, but he doesn't like taking a bath. have to chase him around the yard to give him his bath..i don't get it lol.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

making new friend...and using his garage to work on the jeep.

new brakes and rotors..finally no more of that squeaky brake noise .

cherokee sport came with plastic gas tank. heard lot of horrid stories that rocks or tree branch can slash/puncture a hole to the tank. pick up this gas tank skid off a grand cherokee zj at the jy. i bedlined it will install it soon. plan to hit the trails in couple more weeks.

Last edited by nemesis; 08-01-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

so i went to the jy yesterday to see what junk i can score and i yes i did scored another junk. it's a hood vent off a chrysler new yorker...wow im learning something new everytime i go to the jy lol. not only the NY came with vents but there's a turbo under the hood. these old cars back in the days are really ahead of their time back then i guess i can say. this NY is pimp too i wouldn't mind owning one. must be from the west coast or south west cuz the body is solid and minium rust. either that or some old lady kept in her garage all these years. anyway back on topic im digging these vents i think im going to install on the jeep instead of the grand prix one. these have more fins and much wider will cool under the hood better too. i did manage to get the water tray off but it was a pain in the butt cuz it's spot welded under the hood. i have to pryed and break off the weld and bunches of cutting. as you can see in the pic the tray is all mangled up lol but that's ok i'll beat it out with a hammer. btw these are probably the most popular hood vents for the cherokee xj community..sorta like the roof rails on the monte and grand prix.

Last edited by nemesis; 08-11-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

after the jy trip i did pick up the rock sliders i had made 3 weeks ago and it's finally done. will paint today some time and get install next week. off road trip is next weekend so i need to get everything ready instead of last minutes like last time.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Ryan why is you're fifth tire has a different tread from the four being used?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

cuz it's a spare tire. i don't really need a matching spare tires for off roading. it would be nice to get a matching 5th tire but i can't afford another $235 mickey thompson. for right now im using what i have. i paid $20 for this spare and i have no complain how it looks lol.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

painted and install rock sliders. also upgrade sway bar quick disconnect from rough country.

rough country quick disconnect sway

Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

my dog finally not getting car sick any more thank god no more puking in the jeep. he love to stick his head out the window and feel the 92* hot breeze. guess he pick that up from his owner. everytime i take him outside for his walk and walk by the jeep he wants to jump in the jeep thinking that we're going for a joy ride. he's still have little problem hopping in the jeep lol.

my wheelin buddy put blue LED in his guage cluster and shifter console. im digging his interior remind me of my old monte. the good thing about the led upgrade in the jeep is it use a bulb not the solder kind like the monte. so it's an easy upgrade. he only spent $2.95 for all those bulbs on ebay. think im going to do this upgrade.

the hood vents is off a '90 turbo grand prix that i gave to him.

also he added a stinger on his bumper. this looks killer on his jeep. i want on mine too but my bumper is different than his and it would look goofy on mine.

Last edited by nemesis; 08-24-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:53 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

so today i decide to cut the hood and install the new yorker hood vents. had my friend help me out with the measurement after we watch video on youtube on how to install these vents. i think the vent hole on the right side is little crooked, but doesn't matter it's only 1/16" off i can live with it. jeep is little dirty i'll wash it later this weekend. the vents look real good makes the jeep look like it got ***** lol. i can tell it really help the under hood temp when i put my hand on the vent i can feel the hot heat coming out. tomorrow i have to go to autozone and get dielectric grease and grease down all the sensors to help repel off water. i might have to create a water trays for the vents down the road. i done a research on the cherokee forum and heard lot of people saying they never have any problem with water when it rain or snow.

Last edited by nemesis; 09-02-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: got my tire carrier