General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Goodbye MonteCarlo

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Default Goodbye MonteCarlo

Well guys im going to have to say its been a great run with my monte but....im just going to have to let her go. I mean its sad because i really love the car but an 06 monte carlo ss will look much better in my driveway. Im on the lookout for an 06 Monte SS the 5.3L just has a ring to it that makes me drool. Goodbye ricers. Haha

Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Default RE: Goodbye MonteCarlo

I hope you take the rims that you just got and install them on the SS.....
What color are you looking for?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:42 PM

oh yeh def. i didnt just buy rims for no reason. Im looking for black or red not sure yet but i have a few cars in eye. im going tuesday to check the finaces to see if they can get me in one but well see tuesday and its looking really good.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:04 AM

You could always do an engine swap, hehe. I'd love to see a 2000-2005 Monte Carlo with an 06-07 5.3-liter V8.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that engine swap i dont think would be the easiest

personally i'd go red over black after having a black car, pain in the but to keep clean, yah that 5.3 just sounds so tempting

Old 06-25-2007, 07:55 AM

let all go get a 5.3l it'll be cool. (that souned weird.. but i want that ls4 in a bad way. i found a bunch on motortrend magazine's search engine. and i have a couple of dealers looking out for one.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Vipermann good luck in your search.
When I bought my monte the dealer had an red 06 SS that I almost bought cuz it was considerably cheaper than the 07.
it was at $24 000.They still haven't sold it either. I really didn't like the red though and I wanted the 100 000 mile which wasn't a problem cuz for about $2000 more I could have purchased that as well.
But with that I was very close to the price for the 07 so I went with it.

Wizkidd is right it is hard to keep the black clean. [:@]

Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 AM

Ugh, My 04 Malibu I had was black, and it was a nightmare to keep dust and pollen off, but if your forced to go with black, Id reccomend the turtle wax ICE wax and a california dash duster, it will work decently in between washings, also a california water blade (silicone squeegee) to help get the water off before it dries and leaves water spots. I found baby wipes work great for getting rid of the hand/finger prints.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 AM

It doesn't matter what color you get, it's impossible to keep the dust off. The nice thing about darker colors is that when they are really cleaned up, they look great. The lighter colors that supposedly do a better job of hiding the dust, just don't look that much better when they are clean.

I have found that with the new clearcoat process, both mytruck (Black Silverado) and car don't look all that bad even though they get dusty between washes. Whatever colour you get, the 5.3will blow you away.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM

yaqll complain about black TRY WHITE!!!!!

But Congrats on the upgrades if ya get them

If you still have the factory stereo for your 6th Gen let me know I might be taking mine out due to the cost fo the car that i wouldhave to sell it a to recoupe the cost. it is just not worth loseing the stereo also.

So im out to find a factory Stereo with the CD in it with out the onstar stuff (if it makes a differance)

Quick Reply: Goodbye MonteCarlo