General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Going to keep my 2003 but want to make fastest street legal possible. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Default Going to keep my 2003 but want to make fastest street legal possible. HELP!

So I have my 2003 SS but I want to get a new engine and start to take off problems from the get go. I know some common things to replace are the intake manifold gaskets and the brake rotors. I also know about the elbow heater hoses. Thing that I want to know are for performance and looks. I have the exterior that I want in mind and the paint job but am open for opinions. About the turbo kit I would love to get one in color red. As for everythibg else give me performance parts ranging from transmission to braking to horspower improvements to torque improvements everything. Just throw some sick things I would want to inprove my car. Also I want the enginge to be presupercharged with 0 miles on it. Please give me high quality long lasting parts. I don't know much about cara but I know terms such as flywheels, brake pads, intercooling, etc. what I want is suggestions from top to bottom an I'll try my best to fit everythibg inside it. I REALLY want to continue this project as a hobby and for other things, please help and suggest your best brands and your highest quality parts!! Thanks guys and girls!!! Ohh and how the hell do I post pictures here?? >.>

Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guess this depends on your ability to finance a particular build. Go to ZZP's website do some research and dare to dream.

ZZPerformance | ZZP | 3800 Performance Parts | Series 2 3800 | m90 Eaton | v6 3800

Old 09-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Why don't you tell us your budget first? That would help us bound your request a bit.

Fastest possible could be something as crazy as a built 400+ cube LSX swap with a twin turbo setup and a turbo 400 trans. Tub the back at stick some 300+mm DRs out there. Unless you mean fastest top speed- then a TR6060 would be a better choice.

'Street legal' is a somewhat relative term, you can get away with just about anything on the street depending what part of the country you live in and stay away from obvious legal infractions (slicks, etc).

About the turbo kit I would love to get one in color red.
What do you mean you want a red turbo kit? You can always have the charge pipes painted/ powdercoated, but I can't imagine red coating sticking to the hot side or exhaust piping well. Maybe jethot has some dull red coating that might be able to hold up to the heat?

Old 09-15-2013, 03:07 PM

Let's just assume I have no budget. Give specific parts and the price of them please ohh and lightweight kits and anti roll bars count

Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM

is this going to be a daily driver car or track only. and budget again... $5000, 10,000, $30,000? could do a basic turbo kit Daily driver, custom turbo kit with built trans and lots of custom parts weekend toy/track car, or entire built everything trailer queen/ track only.(similar to ZZP's record car)

Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Guess this depends on your ability to finance a particular build. Go to ZZP's website do some research and dare to dream.

ZZPerformance | ZZP | 3800 Performance Parts | Series 2 3800 | m90 Eaton | v6 3800
You've given a fairly vague description of what you are truly asking for. So your best bet would be to look at the websites listed in Zippy02's post and gather the information for the parts you would want to get the car to what you are truly after out of it. Each specific mod you can do to your car will effect it in different ways, for both good and bad depending on what your final goal will be. If you are after straight line acceleration then look into some serious engine modifications to get the power you want, also seriously consider doing a top end swap for a newer supercharger as this is the quickest way to gain power and opens up more options for you. If you find a used one and have the tools and know how, you can prob do this fairly cheaply with the most hp gain per dollar spent, and giving you future options that are more what you may be after.
Here is a general mod plan for our engines

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/en...-bumpin-24896/

it is a great write up posted by one of the members here and will pretty much answer all your engine modification questions and give you enough knowledge that you will better know which way you will personally want to go with.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress

Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Faster
Let's just assume I have no budget.
Ok, here's a start:

Chevrolet Performance 19260835 Chevrolet Performance LSX454R 750HP/680TQ Engine

Hurst Driveline Conversions TUET11012 Hurst Driveline T-56 6-Speed Transmissions

Turbonetics 11263 Turbonetics GT-K Turbochargers

Special order the LSX with low compression pistons, and make that X2 on the turbo.

That should be about $26,000. Would make a nice start if money was no object. Get some custom built headers, a nice 9" rear, and swap out the carb setup for EFI - and you'd have a pretty nice setup.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:38 AM

Hi Member `Faster,
What is your mod budget ? That would help our member's help you `go faster Good Luck on your project build

Thanks Member's, `Greg, Chad Bumpin, David, `Ken for posting/helping a new member with his dreams.

Just Got 2 `be faster then the rest POWER COST BIG $'s

Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

first off, are you staying front wheel drive or converting to rear wheel drive. second are you staying automatic trans or converting to manual. are you sticking with the 3800 engine or converting to a different engine. do you want a supercharged build or a turbo build. once these questions are answered i can help you further. prepare to spend major money btw!!!