General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

GM Family ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question GM Family ?

Did you come from a `All GM Family ?
Did everyone in your family buy GM Products ?

Who influenced you to purchase GM or a Monte Carlo ?

What Auto Company Vehicle(s) does the majority of your Family drive ?
What do your friends `drive ?

Thanks 4 Posting

Last edited by Space; 07-25-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

There is no poll????

But heres my story:

My dad does not really care about who makes the car, hence his Furd Mustang...but he will only buy GM or Ford. He HATES Dodge, and is no fan of non-American cars.

My Mom and her entire family are nothing but GM people. So since my Mom met my dad, she has done her best to warp him into a GM guy. LOL. So my entire life all we have ever owned was GM cars with the exception of the Mustang...Everything else is GM.

I have been influenced by the GM love, and followed in the path...I won't drive anything but GM...All three of my cars have been Chevy's! and if my next car is not a Chevy, I can assure you, it will be a GM car!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:24 PM

..Thanks `Michael, sorry I could not get the poll feature to work for me...Maybe because I';ve been stupid all day with little sleep : ) Ok, stupid a lot of days 4-Sure

Always enjoy read'in your post, & I'm sure GM would be 2 `if they read your answer. Loyality is becoming a rare trait in the American Consumer's minds : ( I sure hope that our Auto Companies got their Wake `Up call & start building quality into their vehicles. I seen a few new Fords and I was impressed, but also read bad reviews on the quality on the new Camaro's : (

Good Luck 2night on your date WoW Michael, thanks for all your post contributions to the MCF Family...EnJoy you WeekEnd.
Peace/Out/the `Kid

Old 07-25-2009, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

No problem Space, we all have our slow days! LOL

You know, I always read consumer reports, Motor Trend, etc...they ALWAYS bash on the American cars for fit and finish...I personally don't think they give them enough credit. This basic Cobalt I have as a rental is just as nice, if not nicer IMO than my friends base Civic...the cobalt has silver trim, chrome accents etc...My Monte Carlo also has the brushed aluminum look inside, along with plenty of chrome accents....IMO, my Monte's interior is just as nice as my sister Toyota Solora's...I think they all just pick to hard on American cars because they have HAD there share of failures, adn everyone loves to make sure the public knows when an American company screws up...but if Toyota does something wrong, no one finds out about it...What about the new Tundra...Did it get bashed in magazines because the 5.7L V8 was failing in tons of new tundra with less than 10,000 miles on it???? Nope, no magazine said a word about it....If that was Chevy, they would probably bash it on the news and it would make headlines....

GM has my support. yes, they have screwed up, but so has everyone else...and GM has always taken care of me when I do have an issue!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Where did i get my love for GM?

I have no idea. My father drove Chevys and Furds. Mom has driven Domestic and imports. My brother, sister and myself have driven domestic and imports. I've even had a VW Bug.

Lisa's family has always been GM. To them, nothing else exists.

I want to get me another MC next year. But if the right Mopar ( that includes AMC ) or Furd comes along, i might just get it.

And yes, that even includes a VW SquareBack.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:16 PM

me its always been chevy or ford/mazda even though ford and mazda is the same cumpany. look at the rangers and b seres trucks and excape and the tribute and the sedans are the same.worked at a ford mazda dealer they all share the sa,e parts exept for the rotary and the v8. always been a demestic fan because there underrated all the way how they come out still for mor add ons for the v6's like they do for the four cylenders and the eight cylenders.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

used to be

Family History:
Owned 2 cutlass supremes in the 70's & 80's (mom and dad)
80 something Chevrolet Celebrity (mom and dad)
93 Lumina euro (dad)
(94 plymouth acclaim oops) (mom)
98 Blazer ls (mom)
96 monte carlo ls (bro)
02 Intrigue (dad)
98 monte carlo z34 (me)
07 Impala ls (grandma)

Then Honda takes over!
Mom: 07 CR-V
Dad: 07 Acura TL type S
Bro: 07 Accord v6 coupe

But I stay loyal!
06 Monte Carlo SS

Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I think since I've been alive my Dad always bought GM -1st Oldsmobile, then Pontiac, and now Buick. I think he owned a Ford when he was younger, but he's not a car guy and probably doesn't remember what he owned LOL! I know when he was in the service he had a 56 Bel Air and when he was dating my Mom he had a Corvair.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 AM
rj
15 Year Member

A '56 BelAir? Did we ever get to see pics of it? lol

You can thank GM for allowing the design of the '55, '56, and '57 Chevies to go forward that influenced me in to wanting a Chevy. Not sure where I'd be if the Tri-5s weren't as appealing as they are? Guess I'd be 100% Mopar. Like my dad is.

It will probably affect my dad in a negative way but I'd really like to own a '98 or '99 Monte as a daily driver. Replace one or both of my Dodges with a 5th generation Monte if at all possible?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 AM

as far as i can remember, my father and mother owned a 90's camaro then is when i remember they went to bmws. i just knew that i didnt want that. then in comes my girlfriend with a 99 grand-prix with that body style, i knew i wanted a big car like it and fell in love with the monte carlo. now i want a new camaro(i know i will never get anything besides gm domestic or bmw when, if i got to import) gotta love the beamers!

Quick Reply: GM Family ?