General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Getting a car production # in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Getting a car production # in Canada

When I bought the Bud Chev (not nearly Bud Chev at the time) it did not come with a certificate of authenticity. Though compnine.com I had no problem confirming it is in fact a Dale Jr. Edition. But sometimes I wonder what number it is. Nothing serious, but wouldn't it be cool to find out that its number 0008? Or even 0808? I know they made 2338 of them - there is a few cool configurations in there. Everyone else seems to know what their car number is, so I investigated mine just a little. From another thread I tried the email cac@chevrolet.com. This was the email I sent and the reply I got:

Hello,

For several years I have owned a 2004 Limited Dale Jr. Edition Monte Carlo. I purchased it second hand for a GM dealership in London Ontario, but the Certificate of Authentication was not included. I understand these certificates can not be re-issued, but can the car # (XXXX of 2338) be confirmed by the VIN? The VIN # is 2G1WZ121149XXXXXX
Thanks in advance,
Brent Nichol

Dear Brent,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regard to your inquiry on Conformity Letter ( Certificate of Authentication)for your 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS.

In order for us to better assist you on this matter, I recommend that you contact New and Vintage Vehicles- Canada/US at their number which is: 905-440-7697 or 905-440-7689. Open Monday until Friday from 8am-5pm Eastern.

If you wish to email Vintage Vehicles, you can use the following email address: george.zapora@cc.gmcanada.com. They will be able to provide you with the appropriate assistance and answer questions you may ask in regard to your concern.

I hope this e-mail have been most helpful to you.

Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team
It was actually a super fast reply that happened over night - not during anybodies business hours. So appreciated the prompt response. So then I email the exact same message to the recommended address. I received this response:

Brent, unlike the 2003 cars these were not a numbered series. A history package outlining options and build info plus tech specs and production number is available for $73.45 CDN, I have attatched an order form

Thanks and regards:

George Zapora
General Motors of Canada
Vintage Vehicle Services
CA1-160-001
1908 Colonel Sam Drive
Oshawa, ON
Canada L1H 8P7
How helpful was that? Apparently, according to GM Canada, the 2004 Dale Jr. Editions were never numbered.
No... even more apparent: Vintage Vehicle Services for GM Canada is run by retards who don`t know f-all about Monte Carlos. Why the hell would I pay $75 when they just proved how little they really know?

Its not a big deal really. The car number doesn't really mean that much to me and I won't take any more time to pursue it. But that's what we got to deal with living in Canada. Like getting another foot (i.e. 30cm) of snow in the last 24 hours wasn't enough...

Oh, I guess I'm a little bitter...