General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

gen6 to gen 7 front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Default gen6 to gen 7 front end swap

has this been done?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 AM

i am not sure that there has been a front end swap from the 6th gen front end to the 7th gen front end. i know if you do the swap you have to swap the radiator core suport because of how big the lenses of the 7th gen are. the radiator core support has bigger opining for those. i am not sure on how much all the parts will caughst. i know you can get the impalla fenders and every thing from a salvage yard the core support from a dealer or gmparts .com then put every thing together.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You can do it I'm sure, but you'd need the whole front half of the car and at that cost, it's not worth it.

Also I get 100x more compliments on my 6th gen, than my parents' do on their 7th gen

Old 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's been a number of people who have thought about doing that very thing. And I can understand why people would think it's a simple swap. It appears to be the same car with Impala headlights and grill. But as you're hearing, it's not that simple.

MillerMonte found out that even swapping an Impala bumper cover onto his 7th gen Monte isn't a direct swap either.

It's not impossible. But it's not cheap or quick either. If it was, there would be all kinds of people driving 6th gens with 7th gen front ends. But if you really want to do it, go for it. If you have some welding and fab skills, or know someone who does, you can actually save yourself some money and may be able to do it.

It still won't be worth it financially. But sometimes it's not about being "worth it". Sometimes it's about doing something different, because you can. That's what customizing is about.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 AM

i would love to swap my 7th gen front end to the 6th gen front end do to how good looking the front of the 6th is. but i get complements on mine but the ones who gives me complements think i put on the impalla front end on it but didnt relise it came that way. but i wish it was original like the 6th gen front end do to it looking original. i dont want to nock on what you might want to do.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's just a matter of taking your time and getting the new bumper on with a solid fit. It may take some creative mounting points, but you can do it. Just don't expect it to be done in an afternoon. Good luck!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 AM

thanks guys! the only reason i ask is because i need to either replace my passenger fender or take it to a body shop. someone side swiped me and the 7th gen monte looked like it had the same body parts with a slightly different headlight cutout.

plus i wanted projector housings :p

Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 AM

ehhhhhhhhh nah, im sure its possible but is it really worth it. people i know think gen 7's look like new impalas. besides looking at the headlights, looks lik u might have to replace the hood and front quarters along with the grille n bumper. headlights look longer n wider than 6th gen but i may be wrong

Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02LS
thanks guys! the only reason i ask is because i need to either replace my passenger fender or take it to a body shop. someone side swiped me and the 7th gen monte looked like it had the same body parts with a slightly different headlight cutout.

plus i wanted projector housings :p
If you want to go for it, I think it would be kind of cool.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 PM

i dunno.. to me it looks like the exact same car with different headlights.

if the swap is just a core support, fenders, hood, and front bumper then i think i probably will be doing this swap.

Quick Reply: gen6 to gen 7 front end swap