General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

future Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Default future Monte Carlo

I've come to the conclusion that I want a Monte for the rest of my life. Does anyone know if Chevy will continue to manufacture them later on down the line?? For Chevy's sake, I sure hope so...

Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 AM

They probably will dude. The cars been around for way to long to just leave it behind.
Where the hell did you get your HIDs?

Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 AM

There is talk here and there about them bringing it back in 2012. I have to say, I really think they will. Think about it, there are sooo many people talking about it, there are petitions to bring it back, and it has been such a popular car. IMO they NEED to bring it back. I just hope they dont ruin it if they do bring it back.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 AM

As long as it has oomph behind it and hopefully RWD or AWD, I would be pleased as punch.

A base 300 hp v6 would be perfect, and maybe make a turbo/supercharged option for the lt/rs and the V8 on an SS

Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I dunno. There really doesn't seem to be a Monte Carlo coming up in the future. There's some speculation, but It may be years and years before the Monte makes a return. GM is in a restructure mode, the Camaro is back and pretty much filling in the void for a Chevy coupe. American car companies have abandoned coupes almost completely. It's sad to me, even the Cobalt is going away and I don't believe that the new Chevy Cruze is going to have a coupe version.

Who knows though, the Monte Carlo was fairly popular. It may make a return before too long. There is the whole Nascar thing supporting it.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM

I was happy that GM is making the Caddy Coupe for 2011,
and hopefully they will think about a future Monte on that platform @ a lower price $

CTS Coupe to go on sale in August from $38,990 '

Now GM could make a Monte starting around $25K ? ?
...Let us Pray/Hope
By Andrew Ganz - Posted May 20th 2010
Cadillac says that its upcoming CTS Coupe will start at $38,990 when it goes on sale later this year in three trim levels. All-wheel-drive will be available across the line – except on the high-performance CTS-V Coupe – for an additional $1,900.

The CTS Coupe has been a long time coming. First shown in concept form nearly two years ago, the car was originally expected to be launched earlier this year, but the May 2009 on-sale date was pushed back during GM’s restructuring. Now, GM says that the CTS Coupe will go on sale in August.
For $38,990, the CTS Coupe will come standard with a six-speed automatic transmission, 18-inch alloy wheels, a performance suspension, rear parking assist, a Bose audio system, power front seats and keyless access with remote start.
The CTS Performance Collection starts at $43,430 and adds adaptive Xenon headlamps, leather upholstery, an upgraded Bose audio system and a 40 GB hard drive for the audio system.
Topping the range is the $47,835 CTS Coupe Premium Collection, which includes ambient lighting, navigation, a rear-view camera, ventilated front seats, a moonroof and a heated steering wheel.
The CTS coupe rides on the sedan’s wheelbase but is about two inches shorter in height and two inches shorter in overall length. It eschews a conventional B-pillar for coupe styling and, interestingly, loses its door handles for push-button entry similar to that offered on the Chevrolet Corvette.
The front fascia features some detail changes, such as enlarged openings for the brake cooling vents and the rear fascia adds a center-exit exhaust and unique diamond cut-style mesh lower grilles.
Standard on the CTS coupe will be the sedan’s optional 3.6-liter direct-injected V6, as well as an available six-speed manual transmission. Rated at 304 horsepower, the engine is fuel thrifty enough to achieve 27 mpg on the highway using regular unleaded.
GM did confirm that the standard CTS Coupe will offer the CTS-V sedan’s 14-way Recaro sports seats as an option. And speaking of “V,” GM says it will launch the much-anticipated CTS-V Coupe a few months after the standard model.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-coupe.html
Click above 4 source & Vid : )

Last edited by Space; 05-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:07 PM

i would highly doubt a return of the monte carlo. and if it were to return i would expect it to be an utter disgrace ie 4cylinder or hybrid fwd. it doesnt seem worth while or plausible to build a big 2dr v8 rwd luxury coupe when you have the camaro. i know that the camaro is supposed to be a ponycar/muscle car, but it has most definitely taken the montes place in size comfort, and luxury. i consider the monte dead and it breaks my heart (sniffle). im a monte man and now im forced to follow the common herd and buy a camaro ss.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 PM

As Space points out, Cadillac will have the CTS V coupe soon, and it looks amazing. No reason a less optioned model couldn't be sold as a chevy.

Also, has anyone seen the concept Buick Regal GS? It's a mid sized sedan with a turbo charged 4 cylinder that makes 220 hp, thats more than a NA 3.8 V6 If it were in coupe form with that as a base and a turbo v6 for SS trim....

Old 05-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm still waiting for Holden to release the Coupe 60 into production, and bring it into the USA as the NEW V8 RWD Monte Carlo:

Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the only hope for a return of the Monte would be a 2 door version of the Impala. And only the next time the Impala is re-designed.

But most likely the Monte won't be coming back anytime soon.

Quick Reply: future Monte Carlo