General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Funny

My daughter is 15 and has her permit... She has been driving with me enough to know I hunt down Mustang GTs and tease the heck out of them. I LOVE to BLOW THEIR DOORS OFF!

So tonight I picked her up from Cheerleading and let her drive home. We're driving along and a GT pulls in front of us. Now, my daughter drives the speed limit to the letter and drives SUPER WELL. But we catch a red light and the Mustang pulls in the right lane and we pull up next to it. Now she has watched me goose the car a little just to see if I draw interest. So when the light turns green, my baby thinks if she nails it, all she is going to do is make the mufflers roar. Little did she know the tires were going to light up too! You had to be in the car to see her face as nails it and the tires go up in smoke, the car jerks to the left and the tires are squealing loud. She immediately backed off, the Mustang shouts down too, and I am laughing my **** off and she saying, "I'm Sooo Sorry Daddy, I didn't mean to do it! Am I going to lose my right to drive?"

Now I have to tell ya:
1. I didn't know the tires would smoke with the TC "ON"
2. While it scared me, watching her jaw drop, and her eye pop out of her head, made me laugh.
3. How mad could I get at her for doing something she has seen me do way too often.

So we get home and I go to YouTube and pull up the white 2006 Monte SS Burning the tires off and say to my wife, want to hear how your daughter drives my car? and then I play the video with the commentary, "This is your daughter leaving a red." My daugther tries to explain herself... and the more she tries to explain the more she buries herself... mean while, I laughing my butt off.

Now... After it was all said and done... I was the one the wife yelled at and was given a lecture too. "See what you teaching your kids... Now I'm going to worry everytime she is driving..." blah, blah, blah... I sat there laughing and so did my daughter... at me!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Funny

Great Story!

Yes, my tires light up not problemo with the T/C on.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol very funny

Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine on a 2003 SS will "chirp" with the traction on

Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Mine well spin the tires. My dad hot rods his cars to. Even races me, my mom yells at him all the time, lol. Good times

Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM

My tires don't spin it just GOESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Mine spin for a second or 2 and shut down, Gotta take TC off to get them to smoke. GM must have changed something there.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is a great story.

Mine don't spin either with TC on.

I was driving home from work one day last week. Caught the gates coming down for a train. I'm first in line on the inside lane. A Rustang GT pulls up next to me. Waiting on the train Mr. Rustang is getting bored. He's gunning the engine some trying to make the train go faster so his car can move.

I see the end of the train coming so I start my car and put it in drive but I don't act nervous or that I want to show Mr. Rustang up.

Well the gates go up and by the time he's even at the r/r tracks, I'm close to 5 cars ahead of him.

A fellow co-worker witnessed this and told everyone the next day what happened.

Now Mr. Rustang had to tell his buds he was smoked by a '94 Dodge Shadow ES.
(like he will)

Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM

Mine doesn't like to spin em tc on or off... Straight line they grip fairly well, just get that er-er-er when the tc stops momentarily. With it off I get a longer errrrrrrrrr...then the "other" non-user-controllable Traction control just dumps the throttle until I regain traction. It's especially worse whenyou're turning.. because one wheel will want to spin harder than the other.

Oh, and back to the original post... hilarious story! I can only imagine the look on her face. I mean just imagining her head snapping over and apologizing while the car is torque-steering up a storm.... classic!Hopefully she'll only remember the traumatic parts (like youbeing in the suicide seat at the time) and will automatically take it easy when she's finally able to drive alone....

Oh... and... what is wrong with you? ( trying to be light-hearted ).... I mean letting a 15 y/o drive a V8 SS?! Omg.... when I was 15 do you know what I drove? A 1988 Dodge CARAVAN with the inline four... like 80 hp... 3 speed auto..... more rust than metal..... The only thing "cool" I ever did in that vehicle (I was 16 and legal to drive without an adult)was get it airborne and show my buddies why it's a good idea to wear seatbelts... (especially in the back) .... when I'm driving

If I ever got the chance to drive something like ur car at that age I'd probably be so nervous to actually use the pedal that I'd have gramma's in taurus's passing me!

But... there's always a light at the end of the tunnel... After putzing around in that till I was 19 I finally got my own 95 Beretta (the first of 3 Chevy Coupes)...my buddies would be asking me if they could have a ride, instead of vice versa (I was so embarrased to drive it, it rarely made appearances at college, and then only momentarily)

But thank you for the great story, and sorry for going wandering off there....

Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I still got the factory Goodyear Eagle RS-A's on mine (the car sat on the dealership's lot unsold until I bought it this august), and I have to baby the gas pedal when I take off from a light or else the wheels spin. One time I deliberately gunned it, and the tires spun for 3 to 4 seconds until the tires finally gripped. The TC was supposedly on, but didn't kick in for some reason.

Definitely getting better gripping tires in the spring.

Quick Reply: Funny