General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

****ing Cops....License plate light...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Default RE: ****ing Cops....License plate light...

ORIGINAL: InTheIROC

I'm glad I'm not a cop... it's such a thankless job.

It isn't the cops fault you had a warrant. You had a light out, he stopped you. When they stop you, they check you and you had a warrant. He had to do his job.
This is the reason I decided not to be a cop myself. It was the departments responsibility to contact you regarding the warrant, but really who says they didn't try. This also differs from state-to-state, some send a letter out, some send up to 3 and others will just visit your residance up to 3 times.

Don't blame this guy for doing his job though.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 AM

Actually another thought on this, have you ever worked customer service before? You will realize that that you don't make the policies you just have to follow them.

Look at it from the officers point of view, all he saw was a guy with a warrant and doesn't know the particulars of what was done to contact you. He really has about as much blame for taking you in as a gas station attendant has for high gas prices.

Or in my job repairing cable internet service: It's so my fault that some putz got drunk and hit the telephone pole that knocked out your service. Complain to that jerk. Or even better, why is the customer cursing and calling me incompetant because he chose to reformat his computer but doesn't have the drivers for his own network card?

See where I'm going? He was just doing his job like we all have to.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 AM

Amen to all!!!!!

Old 12-23-2006, 03:03 PM

Well Its to my opinion the cop saw a youngindividual driving a Monte Carlo SS on 20's he got jealous. End of story, ok then again maybe not. Well I will be fighting this simply because nobody made any effort in contacting me, they didn't have probable cause to search the vehicle nor did they have permission. The vehicle was not in theircustody because I was at the front of my neighborhood when this happened, and my fiance' came and picked the vehicle up. Anyways I dont want to get into an arguement with an of you, my attorney will hear the truth and look and the evidense and present my case in court, all I ask is that my fellow MC followers back me on this and wish me luck in court. Thanks, Nick

Old 12-23-2006, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Eric_Monteman

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

That totally sucks!!!! ******ing cops!
^^^^^Im with you, Im not a big fan of the police [sm=bs.gif]
Hey, ease up, man....[:-]

I am in training now to take the metro police entrance exam in the spring!!True what others said, though...I love the gas station attendant/gas prices analogy. It's true that sometimes things get screwed up in the system. That is why you have a chance in court to prove your case. Once that is done, no worries. They are not against you on it. If these mistakes were made, they will be corrected.

Trust me, I know you have a real beef right now, but to them, your case is small potatoes. They are not going to spend a lot of time on it and it will probably get dropped.

Good luck, brother.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah its not the cops fault, it just sucks that it happens that way

Old 12-24-2006, 12:33 AM

That's right he's just doing his job. It's not his fault. So if you want to be mad be mad at yourself for not taking care of this sooner. I guess I'm just very cautious with working in insurance. I've learned to check, double check, triple check everything I do. Drivers license record, credit, payments I make to places etc. Just better to be safe than sorry later I guess.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Nix_SS

Well Its to my opinion the cop saw a youngindividual driving a Monte Carlo SS on 20's he got jealous. End of story, ok then again maybe not. Well I will be fighting this simply because nobody made any effort in contacting me, they didn't have probable cause to search the vehicle nor did they have permission. The vehicle was not in theircustody because I was at the front of my neighborhood when this happened, and my fiance' came and picked the vehicle up. Anyways I dont want to get into an arguement with an of you, my attorney will hear the truth and look and the evidense and present my case in court, all I ask is that my fellow MC followers back me on this and wish me luck in court. Thanks, Nick
I'm sure that most of the forum will back you and wish you luck with your court case. I personally do. If a mistake was made and nobody contacted you it should be thrown out immediately. The police take (or should take) very accurate notes on every step of their job. I took a Technical Reporting course about 10 years ago in college and the professor taught this same course to the police students. It was actually rather difficult and I'm glad I never went into law enforcement for that one reason... you forget to document one little step and you're stepped all over. It's unbeleiveable how many felons can be let loose because of some stupid mistake or loophole nobody sees coming - hence the reason so many rediculous laws on the books these days.

Anyway good luck once again in your court case.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:37 PM

I appreciate everybody wishing me luck in court, I am one to take responsibilty for actions. If someone tried to contact me then it should have been documented, but nobody did, and thats the problem. I haven't moved, changed addresses, phone numbers, or anything for them to not be able to contact me. The detective I talked to 6 months ago right after the accident, after his investigation of the accident that it was a civil matter not a legal matter. So where did the warrant come in....? I guess I will find out more when my attorney gets the truth. Thanks again for all the support. Nick

Old 12-25-2006, 08:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Depending on your state's laws this could be where the warrant came in?

I know one night I was driving home from my girlfriend's house about 11pm. I pass a state trooper who does an immediate "U" turn (very damgerous section of road) to pull me over. I stop the car, up comes a female trooper to tell me my license light is out and do I know it?

I tell her I know for a fact it was working. She wants to see my driver's license and registration. I tell her I must have left my license at home on dresser. That I don't have it.

She walks back to her cruiser, comes back a couple minutes later, then tells me to get out of my car. She wants me to see my license light is out. So I get out and walk to the back of my car.

While we're standing there this woman starts patting the front of my jeans. She wants to know if it's my driver's license? I tell again I must have left it at home? I do not have it.

So she "let's me go" but follows me home. To my drive way.

I let her watch me go to the barn cause I'm fixing my burned out license light before I go to bed.

The next morning I have to drive my parents to the airport. I tell them of the woman trooper and her touching me.

My mother says, "Maybe she was looking for a date."

Quick Reply: ****ing Cops....License plate light...