General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

First on record.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: First on record.....

GPD,
Where's the info you found and posted that calls the '06/07 Montes the 7th gen cars. It was written information from Edmunds.com or someone?

Cort,
I copied and pasted GPD's information about the '06/07 Montes and them being called 7th generation cars. I sent the info to Bluethunder (Derek) some weeks back via the NMCOA web site. Derek and I had a couple discussions on whether or not these cars were or were not 7th gen cars. So far noreply from Derek on his thoughts of this article?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 PM

I owned a 2000 Monte Carlo and now own a 2006 SS.I beleive the 7th generation arguement will never be fully resolved and agreed to by all parties involved.There are some major things shared by 2000-2005 and the 2006-2007.The most obvious is the rear quarter panels and doors,and glass.
Everything from the A pillar(windshield) forward is different,although similar in overall design.The back end is different as well.I am not positive about the trunk lid,but I think the 06 is not as curved due to the straighter bumper.The interior has different seats,dash panel and controls.
The changes to the engine cradle,engines offered,and brakes are significant as well.

So what is the overall conclusion? I will admit when looking for an 06 I really didn't want a black one since my 2000 was black and I thought the average person(relatives,co-workers,neighbors) wouldn't even notice I got a new car.I was kind of tired of the black anyway,but I thought it would look too much like what I was already driving.
Someone once said "same doors,same generation" That may be true,but they probably never drove an 06 or 07.
My personal opinion is that there is enough different to call it a 7th generation,even though some things are shared.The overall different feel of driving the 06 also shows there was more than a few sheetmetal and trim changes.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

GPD,
Where's the info you found and posted that calls the '06/07 Montes the 7th gen cars. It was written information from Edmunds.com or someone?

Cort,
I copied and pasted GPD's information about the '06/07 Montes and them being called 7th generation cars. I sent the info to Bluethunder (Derek) some weeks back via the NMCOA web site. Derek and I had a couple discussions on whether or not these cars were or were not 7th gen cars. So far noreply from Derek on his thoughts of this article?

I'll search or someone can search, but I think it was on ConceptCarz.com.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I owned a 2000 Monte Carlo and now own a 2006 SS.I beleive the 7th generation arguement will never be fully resolved and agreed to by all parties involved.There are some major things shared by 2000-2005 and the 2006-2007.The most obvious is the rear quarter panels and doors,and glass.
Everything from the A pillar(windshield) forward is different,although similar in overall design.The back end is different as well.I am not positive about the trunk lid,but I think the 06 is not as curved due to the straighter bumper.The interior has different seats,dash panel and controls.
The changes to the engine cradle,engines offered,and brakes are significant as well.

So what is the overall conclusion? I will admit when looking for an 06 I really didn't want a black one since my 2000 was black and I thought the average person(relatives,co-workers,neighbors) wouldn't even notice I got a new car.I was kind of tired of the black anyway,but I thought it would look too much like what I was already driving.
Someone once said "same doors,same generation" That may be true,but they probably never drove an 06 or 07.
My personal opinion is that there is enough different to call it a 7th generation,even though some things are shared.The overall different feel of driving the 06 also shows there was more than a few sheetmetal and trim changes.
Sure, we can start with a wider wheel base and all the way around McPherson self-adjusting gas strut suspension.....

Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM

I still think I have a 7 gen.
[sm=hail.gif] [sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

but I think the 06 is not as curved due to the straighter bumper.

There are differences in the rear bumper covers.

Noticed this myself. Really noticed at the Montes@MIS event back in april while looking at all the beautiful Montes that showed up.