General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally!!! New tires & no more ugly weights =)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Talking Finally!!! New tires & no more ugly weights =)

Alright well today after I got outta class I went down the street to get tires at my dad's friend/old boss at Firestone. I wasn't able to get the Goodyear Eagle GT's that I wanted but I most def needed something. Besides with getting the tires through my dad's friend, he gave us over 200 buck discount on the final bill. I get free alignments & balances for life & my tires have the 70,000 mile guarantee warranty on them. Oh I ended up getting Firestone Affinity Touring tires lol almost forgot to tell you what they were.
Anyway, here are some pics of my tires back in September while I was living in Pensacola

Here are 2 pics I snapped on Sunday when I changed my oil. As you can see, my front left tire's cords were starting to show really bad so I was obviously running outta time. && yes I realize I got tons of rust starting to develop. I plan on taking care of that within the next week or so

Here are my new tires today. I shouldve take pics of them before the drive home while they were still clean but it was raining so I had to wait until I got home.
One great thing about this whole new tires thing...NO MORE UGLY WEIGHTS!!!
This was before I cleaned the rim off

Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Sorry for the huge pics lol

After I cleaned the brake dust off...ignore how dirty the rest of the rim is lol. When I first wipe the dust off, it looked like tobacco chew ICKK!!!! I gotta use my handy dandy power cone to get the rest of the stuff off

YAYY! Tread! I can't remember the last time I drove a car with nice, deep tread

&& 2 random pics of my car yesterday after a bad storm...you can see the line in the first pic

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, i saw this thread coming haha

looks good, no more rotted tires! yay haha, looks good, did you use sticky weights this time?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 PM

lol i wonder why you saw it coming =p & yeah i know right! no more rotted tires! woo hoo! & no i did a static balance where the weights are on the inside or something idk. i told him i didnt want to see those weights anymore if it was possible & he said they could statically balance it all for no extra cost =)

Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

ohh nice, thats pretty sweet haha

i like your tint on your front windshield, i think i can do whatever percent i want to the as1 line, woot. haha

Old 06-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
ohh nice, thats pretty sweet haha

i like your tint on your front windshield, i think i can do whatever percent i want to the as1 line, woot. haha
yeah i dont think they have a limit on it. my visor is like at least 4 inches under the as1 line lol i get sooo scared whenever cops are around me in fear of getting pulled over for that

Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

So the weights left marks on your rims? When I got my Goodyear GTs I had them install stick on weights too. When they took the factory weights off they didn't leave a mark (thank god) and didn't even break the clear coat.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ohh hot damm!! nice!! thats sooo much better now !! You have just 1 hot car !! kiddo = )

Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
So the weights left marks on your rims? When I got my Goodyear GTs I had them install stick on weights too. When they took the factory weights off they didn't leave a mark (thank god) and didn't even break the clear coat.
yup it sucks but you gotta remember that those have been on there since it came off the assembly line. the car has never had new tires, alignment, nothing according to my dad. I just found out the other day that I'm the second owner & we're pretty sure the car came from New York so the former (horrible!) owner of her is in New York somewhere I guess lol I wonder how she got down here but i'm sure glad she did! && idk if they are stick on bcuz i looked into the wheel & i didnt see anything. My moms eclipse has stick on weights

Originally Posted by 2001 ss keith
ohh hot damm!! nice!! thats sooo much better now !! You have just 1 hot car !! kiddo = )
lol thanks! your car aint so bad either

Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

My car was built as an early 05 in Aug of 04 (wasn't put into service until April of 05) and I had the original RSAs on mine when I bought it - all 59k miles on them (plus the press on weights from the factory). I guess mine held up better because they were all highway miles, so the car didn't sit. My original RSA's on my 03 look like they are in excellent condition. Pretty good for almost 8 year old tires with 25500 miles on them.

Quick Reply: Finally!!! New tires & no more ugly weights =)