General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

finally got some pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Default RE: finally got some pictures

I've been looking for an idea for my car when I do my subs, I think I found it, that looks damn good

Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM

yeah its a nice box, BUT you have to be careful with bandpass enclosures. Bandpass enclosures SHOULD ALWAYS BE BUILT TO SPEC OF SUB, no prefab stuff, as the sub will most likely not be tuned correctly, or may not have the correct amount of air to hold the cone from over excursion. Frequency repsonse will also be hurt. There is a lot that goes into those boxes. Just make sure its done right, and you'll be good to go, and have a great sounding system.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM

Wello if you are interasted i can give ya a idea on how they did the rear pannel on that photo you showed.
And also it is funny to see a stock engin cover agian LOL
I think that is like the first mod everyone has done almost. LOL

Also you mentioned the after market coils and wires etc.. it has been tested and proven tha tthe stock coils and even the stock OE wires on our cars are better then the others on the market (at the time of testing)
I knwo the coils that are from M.S.D. i have been warrned away from . they were saying that htey had less spark then ours. I liked them as i could get them in Red.

IF your doing it for only the visual then your good to go but preformnce wise it is not a good idea for they 6th gen style coil packs. ( I lik eM.S.D and even accel i have used them in the past with great results. )

For If you like it and want info look at my car in the photo album. I know other like the painted dashes. I can help you wiht this also. and giv eya some pointers on how to make it look good and be done right with out flaking off later.

looks liek the system is going to pound real good for ya.
I wish i had jus tthe amp you have there LOL I have pionner 12's that are pounding now and i have a mono block hiphonics on them.
would liek to have another multi channel amp for th erest of the system so i can get rid of the factory amp.

also looking for a idea for the trunk and a amp rack four our cars.

oh also if you dont have the amp from the factory in the car or want to change it there are holes int eh bottom of the rear porta shelf where the amp hangs upsided down right behind the seats.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM

hmmm... so larger wires and different coils are actually worse? I'll just replace them with stock then, I was looking for better performing parts.

As for the amp, JBL\Crown made some VERY nice amps, some of which are the best and are one of a kind on the market. Like the A6000GTi, 8000W of power, yes eight-thousand. Has so many features, but it costs A LOT. I picked up mine for 400, retails for 700-800 bucks. I would give you the link for it, but the site no longer has it, as I think they are being discontinued for new models this year. I have nothing but good things to say about these amps. They are excellent. They cost more for the watt, but the power and sound is so clean, it is definately worth it.

As for a multichannel amp, are you looking for 4 channel? I think there is still one you can get that carries 4 channels, and puts out A LOT of power. the PX300.4 is a JBL amp, Crown did not manufacture this one, but I have heard good things about this and its sister 2 channel amp.

Power Output
123.5 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms
and ≤ 1% THD + N

358 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and ≤ 1% THD + N

Signal-to-Noise Ratio
76.64 dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)

Dynamic Power
194 watts at 4 ohms

Effective Damping Factor
6.383 at 4 ohms

Frequency Response
16.6Hz – 500kHz (-3dB)

Maximum Input Signal
5.9 V

Maximum Sensitivity
250 mV

Output Regulation
.39 dB at 4 ohms

Dimensions (H x W x D)
2-9/16" x 17" x 12-1/4"

here are the specs. I think this is the best one for 4 channel they have, unless you get the A300GTi, but that is also very expensive, but puts out 3000 watts. You may have to look elsewhere if you need more power.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM

yeah im looking for at least a 4 channel. But want something i can do all the speakers in the front of the car. So i have the mono block doing nothing but the subs.
And the factory amp out of the car completely.

thsi would be the Idea situation.
But then again i would liek to have th emoney for Boston Acustic speakers also. so i hav ethe infinity cappas seris that i could find whiel we were in Germany. But i belive im hearing them crack thanks to not pushing enough power to them.

I am sure it is more of mu fult then thiers actually.

The end thing i want to do is to make it concert hall sound and clearity. and make it sound as clear as i can and as loud as i can if i want to do so.

Im more in to the SP. not the sub contest. im not up for viberating the car.

it takes alot more talent to figure out how to make a car sound clear and loud and GOOD to all then it dose to load amps and subs in to it to make it viberate at one tone.

DOnt get me wrong i respect them for all thier work but i dont feel it is what i want.

Also with the DVD player i hav ein the car i like the idea of Suround sound for it to.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM

the amp I posted would power the kappas, and Bostonswell, just make sure the gains are set right so you arent giving them TOO much power. And being4 channel allows for power to front and rear speakers, so perfect for your application. As for SQ, the amp is very good, especially with distortion less than or equal to 1%. The subs I bought are known for their ability to provide tight and clear sounding bass, as well as getting loud, so SQ and SPL applications for these are np. I also want more SQ from my system. Just shop aorund and read up on reviews on the amps. There are many car audio companies out there many have not heard of, but offer kick *** products.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Damn thats crazy nice man, make sure you get a new battery or AUX battery capicitor and a bigger Alternator to handle all that power

Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM

You are WELL on your way with that setup but make sure you "Dyno-Mat" that thing or it will rattle like crazy with that kind of power. I've had the big systems in my cars and trucks but I'm working on this for my 03 SS right now.

Kenwood excelon KDC-X591 head with the I-Pod interface that drops under the dash.
6 inch JL Audio TR series components in the front doors.
6x9 JL Audio TR series in the rear deck
Kenwood excelon KAC-X40 4 channel to run the doors and 6x9's.

After I dyno-mat the truck I'm adding two JL Audio 12W3v2-D4 in a custom box powered by a JL Audio slash 500/1.

It won't compare to the sound your system puts out but it will sound as if Young Jeezy himself was in the backseat with a mic.

03 Sleeper SS.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: lowridincrew

Damn thats crazy nice man, make sure you get a new battery or AUX battery capicitor and a bigger Alternator to handle all that power
actually, the stock wiring will handle that fine, and capacitors are a waste of money, they put even more strain on your battery than needed. When I get ready to do the speakers, hu, and the rest, I will add a second battery, and upgrade to a higher amp alt.

As for the dynamat, yes, I know I need to do the entire inside of my car, thats my next project. I just dont have the time\money to rip apart my interior to do that right now.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM

hey i will have to find it again but i actually have a web site link that will show you a comparison between all of the sound deading stuff on the market now.

but dyno mat was only one of a few like it and i belive it was the most costly to get for one whole car.

I will have to do soem digging

Quick Reply: finally got some pictures