General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

finally got some pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Default finally got some pictures

if you look in the first pic, you can see my sister's monte, generation before this one, has a 3100. My silver 03 SS has the 3800 Series II. pretty clean.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Default RE: finally got some pictures

Nice ride, have any plans for it?

Old 01-29-2008, 11:34 AM

right now, I have about 2500 worth pf subs and amps goin in, next will be some premium floor mats, as the car only came with rubber winter mats, then door sill covers, windshield decal, then with maintenance, will be upgrading parts such as performance breaks when stockers wear down, new spark coils, wires plugs when the time comes, and possibly CAI. I would like to put on a ram air hood, and racing stripes, but I dont have the money. Just some minor upgrades. I need the car to last a while, so I dont want to put too much strain on the tranny. I also want to put on a cat-back exhaust and U-bend delete. It will be over time though, as I am only in High School...

Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 AM

A sunny day and green grass. WOW haven't seen that in a while up here. Was this a recent pic?? Where are you located??

That engine bay is clean!!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Sounds like you got some plans for that car. I know how it is doing stuff to your car while your in High School, one part here and there. LOL, Isupped upa 92 S10in 9th and 10th and a97 Sierra that ran real low 14's in High School in 12th, and that was one part by one part and had a lot of aftermarket body parts on it. Save then buy, save then buy. It never stops, lol.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

A sunny day and green grass. WOW haven't seen that in a while up here. Was this a recent pic?? Where are you located??

That engine bay is clean!!
no, that was over the summer here in Jersey. Im in a quiet little town, suburban area. Its really nice here in the summer.

And yeah... little by little. When Im done with the stereo, the sills and mats Im gonna get. I lifeguard over the summer, so hopefully I'll get enough to get some other upgrades as well.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM

Hi Scott,
You have a Super/Super Look'in Monte Carlo.
Thanks for posting/sharing your pic's, &
what you are doing to your Monte.
What size amp ? Speakers ?
Plus, it's great to hear about where members are from.
Keep us updated on your progress.
Wish you Safe/Happy miles,
`Space

Old 01-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Right now, I have some competition grade subs and amps goin in. I hope to eventually raise enough money to get the entire system done, and make it a show\comp car. JBL\Crown BPX1100.1 Amp goin in, powered by 0\1 guage cable. Pumps out around 1300 watts from 1 to 4 ohms and can be run parallel and bridges with the same output. It will be powering 2 X JBL W10GTi MKII competition subs. RMS 600 watts, and a peak of a whopping 3000 watts. I hope to get the BPX2200.1 Amp and sell the one I currently have to give them more power, but it costs more that 2 X more than this one. I will post some pics of that in a second. The subs also feature Differential Drive Design, which creates magnetic breaking. When one voice coil moves up the cone, the other remains stationary. As it moves into the others magnetic gap, it is stopped, and forces in the opposite direction. This creates a tighter bass note, and allows for higher power handling. Very nice equipment, Im getting the 0\1 guage cable run on tuesday, and then I'll post pics of the install. Unfortunately I didnt have enough to get the larger amp I wanted, but the one I bought will suffice for a daily driver.

here is the equipment...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM

[align=center]WoW `Scott, that's gona be SWEET,[/align][align=center]I was glad to read that you will post pic's of install also : )[/align][align=center]Big $'s 4-$ure, but U should be able to blow your ears `off, or[/align][align=center]blow the cloths `off the ladies : )[/align][align=center]-[/align][align=center]Thanks for the additional pic's you posted.[/align][align=center]My friend has an EclipseGT with a Fosgate 650AMP &[/align][align=center]he changed the factory speakers, & it really kicks for a factory install,[/align][align=center]but yours should be SuperBadd....Wish U good luck on your install work.[/align][align=center]Will be look'in forward to your posts. Thanks[/align][align=center]Space & the Bum's[/align]

Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM

thanks space. I still have some work to do though. I have to sound deaden the interior, and the trunk, which means pulling out all the carpeting, etc. But I dont have the money right now, so it will have to rattle until I can... I also need a proper box built for the subs, one that has the correct cubic feet, and tuning for the subs. Unfortunately, finding someone reliable to do this, and a decent price is very difficult. Things will only get better. I will keep everyone updated with progress on my car. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

EDIT: this is how I want the install to look after I can gather the money, and get it done properly...

Quick Reply: finally got some pictures