General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally got my Intimidator home...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

AMAZING, congrats!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by EarnhardtZ71
Once I'm out of this sling from my shoulder surgery I will be able to crawl under the car and see if I can spot a name/model # for the Magnaflow.
Thanks, that would be great.

Wayne

Old 03-19-2011, 12:50 PM

My "Intimidator" was bought from Avon Auto Group in Mass SIGHT UN-seen. I gave a little over 8k for it after all was said and done, and that included shipping. It had 83,000 miles on it, and I was the third owner. Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed were *hail dents* in the hood and trunk lid. The driver seat did not adjust, the windshield washer was inop, and several weeks later, the traction control took a dump. I since had a K&N Air intake system installed, a set of Dyno-Max mufflers with 2.25 pipes and the original exhaust tips. Also, I got new NASCAR raised lettered tires and rims. Those, I got from Tire Rack. I had extensive body work done, a new hood, and NOW the "Intimidator" looks like it' supposed to look.!

Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kestrel
My "Intimidator" was bought from Avon Auto Group in Mass SIGHT UN-seen. I gave a little over 8k for it after all was said and done, and that included shipping. It had 83,000 miles on it, and I was the third owner. Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed were *hail dents* in the hood and trunk lid. The driver seat did not adjust, the windshield washer was inop, and several weeks later, the traction control took a dump. I since had a K&N Air intake system installed, a set of Dyno-Max mufflers with 2.25 pipes and the original exhaust tips. Also, I got new NASCAR raised lettered tires and rims. Those, I got from Tire Rack. I had extensive body work done, a new hood, and NOW the "Intimidator" looks like it' supposed to look.!
Post some pics!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:22 PM

I bet it was all worth it, though!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 AM

OK, maybe I should clarify this: my "Intimidator" is the Dale Earnhardt Signature Series Monte Carlo SS High Sport model. Number 1591 of 3333 made

Old 03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We're not trying to be jerks or **** about it. The only reason the phrasing issue came up is because the 2004 version is the one the factory called the "Intimidator edition". You don't have to use the really long name you posted in the previous post. "2002 Dale Sr edition" or something like that will suffice.

Sorry if it sounded like we were giving you a hard time.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 AM

I have some "dress-up" plans for my Dale Sr Monte, I'm thinking about a "GOODWRENCH" magnetic sign for the quarter panels. THOSE will only be used during Car Shows. A BIG #3 would be *overkill* in MY opinion. any thoughts, pro or con..?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 AM

ANY posted pictures were taken BEFORE I had anything done to my Monte, if anything, it looks even better now..!

NOW...HOW to post pictures..?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM

ANY posted pictures were taken BEFORE I had anything done to my Monte, if anything, it looks even better now..!

NOW...HOW to post pictures..?
The easiest way is to upload them to photobucket. Then once you've done that you copy the "direct link" to the pic. When you're ready to post them, click on the yellow mountiain looking icon and the paste the direct link in the box that pops up.

Quick Reply: Finally got my Intimidator home...