General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Default A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...

A friend of mine that I see occasionally is a plant foreman at one of the oshawa plants and we had a discussion a few weeks ago at a Corvette get together. (I used to own one and sold it 3 months ago, now I am missing it)

The first thing he asked me when I saw him was "Do you still have the 06 Monte Carlo SS" of yours, I said yes. He then went on to tell me how they are going to be starting to re-tool the plant into a "Flex Line" etc etc, anyways. All he could do was say "hold on to it, dont sell it, put it away in the garage and baby it" This guy practically runs the show at one of the oshawa plants and he knows his stuff. He pretty much came out and said the Monte Carlo was dead after the 2007 model year. He also asked me what colour mine was and I told him Black on Black. According to him, he says it will never come back as it is such a poor seller and does not really appeal to a big marketshare. Which is true. He said it applies to such a small niche market that when the camaro comes out, it will take over that portion of the marketshare and there will simply be no need to have the Monte in the Chevy Lineup rear wheel drive or not.

So if anyone has a 06/07 and has another car to drive as well, maybe consider putting that monte away for awhile, who knows one day....

Just a bit of info...

Jason

Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Default RE: A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...

man i should park my Limited Edition in a garage for 30 years

Old 10-18-2006, 07:06 AM

all i can think of what about us guys/gals tha thave the other years LOL
I have a 03 that is a white SS. and i havent seen to many in whote that were aroudn to begin with makes me wonder how many were actually made as a white SS.

i know there a few here but not all are the 03 and most are LS not SS. think there is three toatl SS here that are White.

But ethier way the car will be with me for a long time to come so i cant complain to much . But would be nice to have some thing hard to find that i got by accident once in stead of having to serch it out all the time LOL

But then again i am all for them shuting down the monte carlo line up. I wan tto charge 50,000 for mine in less then a year like the camaro folks did LOL

Old 10-18-2006, 04:47 PM

haha well i have the 06 ss black on black but yet i drive 110 miles a day... so there is no way to baby it

Old 10-18-2006, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: ProfChub
haha well i have the 06 ss black on black but yet i drive 110 miles a day... so there is no way to baby it
A few words from a "low Down evil dude from a Hot Spot" :
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/3850BE9053B1429FA94D4D7D89F0462F.gif[/IMG]
If you are fortunate to own a SS V-8, drive it & enjoy your `journey..
I think it's a great way to put on 110 miles a day...EnJoy
[8D]`Space

Old 10-18-2006, 05:06 PM

i almost baught the ss i wish i would of i think every day to go trade mine in and get one, i saved like 6 thousand getting the lt3 i drive 45 mile round trip mon-friday i already have 8 thousand miles on my car and i baught it 9-5-06

Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 PM

hey i was just happy to own one agian didnt care if it was a 6 cyc. but i have to say i wished it would have been at least rwd in stead of the fwd. but i can adapt to it .

but then again do plan to see if i can find some thing diffrent as a daily driver instead of haveing the monte takeing the beating every day,

if im lucky everyone out there with a 03 will trade them in and they will get sold for parts for me LOL

Old 10-18-2006, 08:45 PM

Oh well. She had a good run. I hope to be able to have mine for a while. It's an 05, though, not the latest and greatest.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

#$#%^&* SCREW AGAIN!

WHY.... didn't I buy the SS when I had a chance to?

Guess I might as well drive the wheels off my '06 LTZ till the reynolds wrap starts to rust.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:54 PM

don't fret, rj...we still love you!!

Quick Reply: A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...