General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Failed Double Roller

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Failed Double Roller

Rolon chain broke clean. We know at least #3 has a bent intake valve and pushrod. The chain was not rubbing on the front cover at all and we're currently pulling the engine to try and determine what happened, if it was just a fluke, and what needs to be replaced.
That came from Zooomer today on ClubGP forum.

I'll keep you all updated.

-Keegan

Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 PM

I think we were all waiting to hear that it wasn't going to be real bad. Under the circumstances ... this isn't TOO bad. Let's hope that's all it is and you get rebuilt in a week or so.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM

I remember when I broke my timing belt in my old car good thing it had a non-interference engine ...
This sucks I hope you get it together

Does anyone know if the 3.5L is non-interference?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Hmm. This experiance has really made some changes in my mind of what I am going to be doing with my car. I think I'm just going to throw on my GenV, N* and tune it to complete my build.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM

EVERYONE, LOG INTO CLUB GP AND FIND MY PROFILE NAME (EXPLOSIVESOUNDZ)

In there, find the Double Roller post, and you can see what Zoom (owner of ZZP) has posted up.

Thus far, he posted a pic of the chain. This is a first for them, EVER. They are replacing all valves, they are all toast.

Check it out if the link will work:
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...e=1&s=#4363028

Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM

So, ... are they still getting into it ... or, ... do you have an assessment of the total damage?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM

I dunno, I only have what Zoomer posts on ClubGP....

Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 PM

hmm good luck man...

Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM

"Someone" ought to forward the photograph of how cleanly that Chain parted to the Manufacturer and get them in on the cost of the rebuild, too. You could (should) suggest to them that you were thinking of calling a writer at "Hot Rod", "Muscle Car's", Motor Trend ... Yada-yada ... and giving them a little story for next months issue.

Although Monte Carlo Forum is a "***** Free Zone" ... I'm sure we'd all forgive you if you were a bit of a ***** to the people who sell those Timing Chains and asked them for "A donation" to your >>Rebuilding Your Engine Fund<< for your forbearance in making this episode any more public than it already is.

You also heard that the Guy's who M-C Muscle Cars on Spike TV are asking you to let them warn their viewers of the disaster that can strike without warning on their Sataurday Morning TV Show.

You might find that getting out of your garage could be difficult after issuing your veiled threat until you remove the Crate Engine they'd probably send you for your Forbearance inn keeping your mouth shut!

for·bear·ance (fôr-bârns)
n.
1. The act of forbearing.
2. Tolerance and restraint in the face of provocation; patience. See Synonyms at patience.
3. The quality of being forbearing.
4. Law The act of a creditor who refrains from enforcing a debt when it falls due.

Also: "Merchantaability" and "Implied Warranty for fitness for a particular purpose."

Old 04-18-2008, 08:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW, Keegan buddy! I just caught up with this thread! WOW! Scary stuff!
What can I do to help?????

Quick Reply: Failed Double Roller