General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Failed Double Roller

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Default RE: Failed Double Roller

That Chain is a High Criticality Component. It shouldn't break, period! Call them and give them a Part Number for the Crate Engine you want them to buy for you for jazzing-up the Timing Chain install.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM

If you can't assess the damage yourself, demand they send one of their authorized installers to come do it, or they have to flatbed your car up there, and you be present when they teardown.
They agreed to take my car and completely rebuild it, and do whatever is needed to make it right again.. at no extra cost to me..

Only problem.. I have to pay to have it flat bedded... =(

Other than that... at least this is one hell of a learning experience...

By the time I am ready to do my next radical cam, I will have a second car, and this one will only be my project car... so I will be able to do it myself.. =)

Thanks to all that responded, and I will keep you updated..

Still not too happy about paying 600 bucks to get it back to them... but what can I do...

Old 04-09-2008, 05:57 PM

How about: "Save the Receipt" ... If they have already agreed to: "Make you whole" on the needed repairs ... you might be able to show a Small Claims Magistrate that the Six-Hundred Dollar expenditure for having your Car transported to their Repair Center should be part of their legal responsibility for being responsible for the damage and needing to have the car towed.

Not that 6-Bills is anything to sneeze at ... But, getting your Monte back in fighting shape after a Catastrophic Failure of a Critical Component which might be "$" -or- "$$$$" seems like a small premium to pay to have this episode end with you not having to bear the expenses of Parts and Labor for the rebuild.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Not that 6-Bills is anything to sneeze at ... But, getting your Monte back in fighting shape after a Catastrophic Failure of a Critical Component which might be "$" -or- "$$$$" seems like a small premium to pay to have this episode end with you not having to bear the expenses of Parts and Labor for the rebuild.
I completely agree. Which is why I am going to pay out without really too much grief... And as far as small claims is concerned... to be entirely honest, I think it is really not even worth the hassle of having to drive BACK up there, AGAIN, so as to appear in court, for something that may not even be a fightable cause....

Old 04-09-2008, 07:26 PM

So to clarify, they are rebuilding your whole motor, top and bottom end, pistons, bearings, rods, valves, rockers/rollers, everything? So they WON'T be using parts from the motor, but new?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 PM

So to clarify, they are rebuilding your whole motor, top and bottom end, pistons, bearings, rods, valves, rockers/rollers, everything? So they WON'T be using parts from the motor, but new?
no, they will be tearing the block apart, and replacing anything that was damaged. Right now, damage has yet to be assessed, so it's difficult to say what will need to be replaced.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 PM

Okay...well at least they're willing to do that. Hopefully damage is minimal, but at the same time...if you get a whole new valvetrain out of it...lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 PM

I agree. =)

Old 04-10-2008, 03:14 PM

It should be nice to have the whole thing rebuilt. They might be able to take care of erroneous problems that even weren't timing chain related while in there.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 PM

This thread had me investigating Timing Chain issues. The '07 Caddy DOHC has a nightmare of Timing Chain and Cam Chain issues that weere causes by the Manufacturer not hardening the Chains beforoe they were shipped-out for install. They stretch and eventually break causing the $45,000 Caddy to become Dead and need Major Life-reviving mechanical surgery at the Dealerships.

I hate when I spent a couple of hundred dollars on something and it goes real bad. I'd hate to be one of those Caddy Owners!

Quick Reply: Failed Double Roller