General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ExplosiveSoundz get's his car back, FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Default RE: ExplosiveSoundz get's his car back, FINALLY!

Ah man, I need a GenV, so sweet. Good to see you have your car back, too bad I couldn't meet up with you saturday. Maybe some other time over summer we can meet up and slay some imports

Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He broke his double roller timing chain. I had it in my hands at ZZPerformance. The mfg'r says that the gears were cut wrong, and they are sending the chain and gears to Australia for analization. They are covering the cost of repair. A complete top end rebuild was done. I seen the short block on the floor 2 weeks ago. It bent the pushrods, messed up the valves and heads. The short block seemed OK. He had some torque converter issues, and some shifting issues when I test drove it. I made them up the rev limiter and drop the shift point, as they were fighting each other. The dyno sheet shows 336 at the wheels, his best pull yet. This car is FAST! About 12 psi boost. I was hoping to put it up against Lucy, LadyT's Solstice GXP, which is kicked up more than a little. Weather didn't permit it. Another day. THAT will be a good race! The Mallet LS2 Sky in our Michigan group would spank us all. 375 on the dyno at 3,000 lbs. I'm guessing Keegan's car will run a 12.5 in the 1/4, maybe better with good tires. This cam'd L67 is BAD TO THE BONE!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 PM

The Mallet LS2 Sky in our Michigan group would spank us all. 375 on the dyno at 3,000 lbs. I'm guessing Keegan's car will run a 12.5 in the 1/4, maybe better with good tires. This cam'd L67 is BAD TO THE BONE!
I first want to thank Wayne and his wife Theresa SO much for helping me out. As I told them countless times, it is great to know that there STILL are honest people in this world!

Second, Wayne isn't lying in this one.. that Mallet was an AMAZING beast. Such a HUGE sound from a tiny car...

For the 5 hour run, I was with Gunny, a Marine with 18 years in, and in his slick GXP...

Afterwards, followed behind the Sky's and Solstice's to the restaurant. All in all, it was an amazing event, and there is talk of doing it again later this summer.. and provided I could get off work, I would be interested in going again, just for the experience. It was so funny to be in a line of 8 of these things, cruising through these little shanty towns, and everyone's mouths just WIDE open in Awe of the sight...

I think I may have found my second vehicle...

As far as a break in period, none is required, as our engines are a HYDRAULIC system (where in the lifters work off of the oil in the system, and there is no need to break them in)

Grand total, plus labor, ran around 1800 dollars. Thanks to ZZP for making everything right, and tuning her in EVEN BETTER.

NO MORE knock. Period. I will be dropping another pulley size later next month, and seeing where that puts me...

I wish I could have ran Lucy. Wayne and Theresa's Lucy is great. Gorgeous under the hood! (he has the red corugated tubes to cover those nasty black stock wires)

I was impressed to say the least. =)

Thanks again Wayne and Theresa, and thanks to all of you here for being supportive of me in this (kind of) trying time. lol

-Keegan

Old 05-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Are we at the point in this story where we can write:

"And they all lived, happily, everafter?"

Sounds like you got the royal treatment.
You look like the Cat that ate the Canary in the photo!
That's worth the price of admission.
But I hope this show doesn't repeat itself.
One heart-attach every five years or so. That's it!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And they all lived happily ever after!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 PM

And that is an understatement. Definitely lived happily ever after =)