General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Engine side mount bushings..

Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Engine side mount bushings..

Anyone know where there are some good durable ones??

Maybe a link would be awesome..

Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

I don't have first hand experience with them, but ZZP Performance has polyurethane bushings that I'm sure last longer, but I've heard vibration is a bit more noticeable. They have poly lower engine and trans. mounts too.

Here's the one's at ZZP:
https://zzperformance.com/3800/poly-motor-mounts.html
https://zzperformance.com/3800/poly-...-bushings.html

Last edited by plumbob; 09-11-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Not sure which bushings you are talking about. There are the radiator/dog bone bushings up top, you have a lower engine mount and a transmission mount. I believe those are the only mounts/bushings involved.
Some of those you can get from:
www.zzperformance.com
INTENSE Racing - Leading Global Supplier of 3800, Ecotec, and LSx Performance Parts

I believe WbodyStore.com has dropped out of the wbody market.

I am running the poly radiator/dogbone bushings on my Monte. I got them years ago from WbodyStore. I feel some engine vibration, but I only notice it when I am stopped somewhere.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 09-11-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member

Name:  zz_plydbb_red_1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  9.4 KB
These are the ones I was looking for thanks..

I already had the square ones.. Love the vibration.. Cant wait till these new ones come in to get a little more feel..

Old 09-17-2017, 10:03 AM

That's the setup I run- poly squares and rounds. I've also got the 'solid rubber' for both lowers.

Honestly the round poly mounts don't make nearly the amount of difference that the squares do. There's not nearly as much 'play' in the rounds from the factory.

Im happy with thay setup. It's a little harsh, but I've got a pretty good size cam so the engine naturally moves around a lot more than stock at idle.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
That's the setup I run- poly squares and rounds. I've also got the 'solid rubber' for both lowers.

Honestly the round poly mounts don't make nearly the amount of difference that the squares do. There's not nearly as much 'play' in the rounds from the factory.

Im happy with thay setup. It's a little harsh, but I've got a pretty good size cam so the engine naturally moves around a lot more than stock at idle.
Yea, already have the square ones and round ones will be here any day now.. I wish there was something more cause I like the vibration.. Any ideas on that??

Old 09-17-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Yea, already have the square ones and round ones will be here any day now.. I wish there was something more cause I like the vibration.. Any ideas on that??
Definitely a lot of options to increase vibration from mild to extreme:
-Poly lower mounts
-Big cam
-Solid mounts all around. This could range from something as minor as eliminating a pair of the bushings up top with a solid mechanical connection to something as extreme as a motor plate and eliminating all 'soft' connection points.

Honestly the big cam made it enough for me. I don't mind some NVH as it isn't a daily, but poly uppers, solid rubber lowers, and a big cam is about my limit, lol.
​​​​​

Search this Thread