General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Electrical issue headlights, bcm????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation Electrical issue headlights, bcm????

HEY GUYS SO I HAVENT HAD HEADLIGHTS TURN ON IN A MONTH AND DONT HAVE MONEY TO GET IT CHECKED OUT AGAIN, THE LAST TIME I TOOK IT TO A SHOP THEY MADE ME SPEND MONEY ON NONSENSE

SO AS HE WAS CHECKING IT OUT HE NOTICED AND TOLD ME I HAVE A POSITIVE LEAD ON ON BOTH WIRES FROM THE LOW BEAMS. NO NEGATIVE LEAD.

MY FOGS R OK, HIGH BEAMS R OK BUT CANT KEEP ON EM ON UNLESS I KEEP THE TURN SIGNAL STICK PULLED BACK

HIS RECOMMENDATION WAS THAT I NEED A BODY CONTROL MODULE.

I NO WHERE IT IS AND FOUND A FEW JUNK YARDS THAT HAVE EM FOR LIKE 50$ BUT ID HATE TO SPEND THAT IF ITS NOT IT

ANY THOUGHTS?

THANKS AGAIN

Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Check your fuses

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
10 Year Member

That was the first things I checked fuses bulbs ballasts even put regular halogen bulbs to test the connection the thing that I don't understand is why the + and - wires to the bulb are showing + on both wires I have no ground

Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan
...HIGH BEAMS R OK BUT CANT KEEP ON EM ON UNLESS I KEEP THE TURN SIGNAL STICK PULLED BACK...
If the lever doesn't *click* and keep the high beams on when you activate them that's a sign the switch is worn out and needs to be replaced. It's possible the switch isn't completely returning to the low beam position and that's why they don't work. If you know how to read schematics you could trace the wiring from the switch and jump (bypass) the connection for the low beam circuit and see if they worked then. If they did it would verify the switch is faulty.

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan
...even put regular halogen bulbs to test the connection...
If you are running aftermarket lights (i.e. HID) there could be a problem elsewhere in the circuit, but I would still have the multi-function switch checked and replaced as needed.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member

just seen the reply i need to set up my notification manager, thanks, believe it or not i still haven't got it checked out school got me broke lol i managed to not use it these past months during the evening but now its getting annoying. im gonna try and see if i can find the schematics via torrent n hopefully be able to trace it if not ill just take it to another shop.

if it is the bcm im gonna try to avoid that $500 job and rewire the lights my self and install a diff switch

Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member

by multifunction switch are you talking about the **** that turns on the ights and interior light?