General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

4th Gen ('81-'88): Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?

I don't know if any of the members here also do facebook but someone posted this on that site. This appears to be a mid-80's Monte Carlo SS in a dark blue. So they wanted to get a photo of it on the frozen lake.
Must have been practicing for Ice road truckers spin off Ice Road Monte's
Anyway it says they got it out I think otherwise it would have been a natural reef in this lake.
I am thinking this was in Wisconsin.
I went ice fishing once and couldn't wait to get back in the Cabin I nearly got frost bite on my feet and I had insulated boots too.

Attached Thumbnails Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-2-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-3-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-4-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-5-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-6-.jpg  

Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-8-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-9-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-10-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-7-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-save-me-please-12a-.jpg  

Old 01-16-2018, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
So they wanted to get a photo of it on the frozen lake.
Got to this part ^^^ and for some reason my finger didnt wanna scroll down anymore.. Took a couple seconds before I could look... Tooo bad man..

Old 01-16-2018, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Look it's okay

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Got to this part ^^^ and for some reason my finger didnt wanna scroll down anymore.. Took a couple seconds before I could look... Tooo bad man..
You can look they got it out! Not sure how but it was Magic for sure.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I admire the want for a photo, but I would have been very nervous to drive on that ice. Car was best left at home.

I saw they got it out and it still runs. Wonder what water and ice damage was done to it.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, nice find Drivernumber3, pretty amusing. Not something I would want to risk, seems they lacked sufficient ice safety knowledge to even have the car out on the lake like that. Ouch, bet it was $1k to recover the car and another $1k to bring things back in order on it.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Wow, nice find Drivernumber3, pretty amusing. Not something I would want to risk, seems they lacked sufficient ice safety knowledge to even have the car out on the lake like that. Ouch, bet it was $1k to recover the car and another $1k to bring things back in order on it.
In this case you probably wouldn't want to use your favorite pawn stars negotiating skills to have the wrecker company help you out. I think he is just lucky it didn't go to the bottom. Then you would wait till may to get it out, along with a few Walleyes, Blue Gills, or Trout.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is terrible

Old 01-19-2018, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Question This is not a new problem

This is not a new problem it would appear this has been happening for along time. Check the new photo's .

Attached Thumbnails Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-fall-thru-ice-1-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-fall-thru-ice-2-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-fall-thru-ice-3-.jpg   Don't try this at home boy's and girl's almost lost her for sure?-fall-thru-ice-4-.jpg  
Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM

Best one I know of is when a snowmobile event was going on about a dozen trucks with trailers parked next to each other on ice. And you can guess outcome , after a tow fee and the fine from the Mn DNR I'm sure most learned their lesson.