General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Does anyone ever get complaments from Random people?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Nope, oddly enough I've never had random people compliment it. Get some compliments from friends or people in a shop i'm at, but never random ones.
Your not alone, all the cars I owned other then family & co-workers no one has said anything to me Even at a gas station I'll compliment someone else's car and they won't even give me the courtesy of "Your's too" COME ON even if you thinks it's a POS give me a return compliment. I have had a few people since getting the G8 that will stop and stare as I drive by, guess that's somewhat of a compliment... or they are scared I'll run them over, either way I'm cool with it!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 AM

I get a lot of compliments with mine, but I attribute it to the Pace Car flags on the sides.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I got was nods from the people only neighborhood for a year. Then I got YelloJAC. Now, a yr later, I know most of my neighbor by first name. Yesterday at the new job, Marty who works in the building, walked up during lunch and said"I love this car!" We never spoke before. I Love my Monte SS! It is an attention grabber!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM

Hi Brian & Members
I think many people are jealous or envy the car that you may have.
I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT & many don't like it & some have said it's a girls car...

I really dont care >Really > I'm happy with my ride & that's what matters most.
It has the 3.8L & kicks good 4 what it is : )

ps. Hey 'Brian > I like your new ride & it's unique color ++ the POWER

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 06-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM

I get a nice compliment at lest every couple days.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I get a good amount of complimets. Mostly at stop lights, some roll down their windows and talk some just give a thumbs up

Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

honestly im not really a people person. and sometimes I don't drive it because I know its gonna bring unwanted conversation. I know I sound like a jerk im really not. I just aint much of a people person.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:13 PM

First time I drove my new monte back to school, I parked way out in the parking lot at walmart and ran in then came back out. As I walked up to my car, the cart collector guy was standing there just looking at it, so I came up and said can I help you? He just turned around and said "dayuuummmm thats a real nice ride mayne" How its spelled is how it sounded lol so I just said thank you and went about my business haha

Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM

I've gotten random compliments for sure. People look because it's bright. People look even more when I have my black 7 split spoke wheels on. It makes a huge difference, and when people have said it's nice with the crappy stock wheels that are my winter wheels I always show them a picture of the nicer wheels. Montes deserve compliments because they're just different. But when ricers and punk little kids try to show off to me, I usually crush their pathetic hopes and dreams haha.

Doesn't it just make your day when someone compliments your ride?

Hey BeachBum Mike, we want to see more of your girly Eclipse haha.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:00 PM

friends rag on my car i have been approached by strangers before saying it looked great my mechanic even said he liked the hood the other day. have been asked is it rear wheel drive? anyone else feel like saying yes to see if they really think it is?

Quick Reply: Does anyone ever get complaments from Random people?