General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Does anyone ever get complaments from Random people?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 AM
1 Year Member
Talking Does anyone ever get complaments from Random people?

Now I am only 17 and I consider My Monte to be a Hot Car. As I think back though the years, I think the funniest question I was ever asked was, "Wow, is your car really supercharged, or did you just put that emblem on?" When my father who was driving the car at this time said, "You can bet it's supercharged." To which the man replied, "Wow, what a hot car."

Then just the other day we were driving through the city of Noblesville, IN (I live here). The town was putting on a car show so we stopped and let people look at the car. Well as soon as we got out of the car their was a guy standing their and he turned around and man you should have seen the look on this guy's face . #KodakMoment

Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 AM

You should've taken a picture & shared your Kodak Moment

Yes, people & their reaction to super rides can be amazing.

Chris Alexander polishes his grandfather's 1958 Corvette at the Central Indiana Vintage Vehicles Father's Day Car Show at Forest Park in Noblesville. Matt Kryger / The Star is U

Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ronda and I get complements all the time on the Deuce even at stop lights. At Darb's (The little pub we go to) we are known as the "Monte couple"

Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Ronda and I get complements all the time on the Deuce even at stop lights...
Stop lights, grocery stores, burger joints, coffee shops, auto part stores, etc. I've even had people come into the shop asking who owned the white Monte and if they wanted to sell it. The principal of my daughter's school also offered to purchase it. I think some people find it refreshing to see a car that isn't a cookie cutter design and something you don't see on the road every day.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
1 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Stop lights, grocery stores, burger joints, coffee shops, auto part stores, etc. I've even had people come into the shop asking who owned the white Monte and if they wanted to sell it. The principal of my daughter's school also offered to purchase it. I think some people find it refreshing to see a car that isn't a cookie cutter design and something you don't see on the road every day.
Same here. I remember when Honda ran the commercials a couple of years ago about how all other cars except the civic were bland and out of style, no offense to any Honda drivers/ Toyota drivers.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I get random people stopping and complimenting me as well. I was washing it getting ready for Carlisle and I had 3 people stop in there car to look and said nice car lol

Last edited by turbo monte; 06-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Nope, oddly enough I've never had random people compliment it. Get some compliments from friends or people in a shop i'm at, but never random ones.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 AM

I used to always get compliments at the car wash and most recently, the guys fixing my basement after Sandy asked if we were selling it. Nope That car is all mine.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Nope, oddly enough I've never had random people compliment it. Get some compliments from friends or people in a shop i'm at, but never random ones.

We are a group of random 'judges & we think you have
a very Super-Super Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Your sentence is to get out there & enjoy driving
your Super'Ride

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 06-20-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

lol thankyou beach bum mike

Quick Reply: Does anyone ever get complaments from Random people?