General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Opinion Needed: decision time for my monte

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Suppoko,
Personally I would keep it. No one is of the right in this free country to tell you to move your vehicle off your own property. I could understand if you rented an apartment, because you signed something that stated you will follow guidelines... same if you have a HOA in your area.
Even if he doesn't have a HOA, there are some cities that have regulations that cover nonfunctioning cars also. We have some around here that are like that. It is true that it's your property, but you still have to comply with all local and federal laws while on it. Its kind of along the same lines that you couldn't bulldoze your house and build an industrial factory or dig up the front yard for a giant oil well.

I understand the intent, they're trying to keep the front of people's houses from looking like a junkyard. I think everyone's seen a house with multiple broke down cars out front sitting on jack stands for 10 years, and that's exactly what they're trying to avoid. I would definitely check into local laws, but I think it is unlikely that they're just making it up.