General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dang!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Unhappy Dang!

I need help here.

The other day my monte did that no start security thing for a bit but then started fine and ran ok. Later that week i went to the store and my traction control system went wonky and lights were flashing. I returned home and then a few hours later i had to go out again. When i tried to start the car it was all bells and whistles. First of she turned over like she was using wet towels instead of gas and then every warning light and beep started going off. All the guages died. And the rear speakers started to hum even when the radio was off. I could see the electrics were surging because all the lights were kinda pulsing. I was getting a revolving set of warnings but mostly service engine soon.

This sucks a dogs pooter. I do not have a lot of spare cash to be fixing this sort of thing and if you guys can lead me in the right direction so i can cut some of the dealer mechanics R&D time in figuring out my demons.

Thanks,

Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you have a volt gauge? If not, I'd get your alternator checked.
I've heard sometimes a overcharging alternator can cause all the lights to come on & go haywire.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM

Yeah, you might want to get your alternator checked, the same thing happened to me when my alternator was going/went out. Once I replaced it, everything worked fine. If your alternator is bad, you can probably find one at a local salvage or junk yard for cheap. I found a 125 amp alternator for 45 bucks and it works great.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If this is a 2000-2005 you may want to research a bad BCM

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 AM

Yeah i guess it looks like a bad BMC. Anyone ever have this replaced? What am i looking at for costs?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 AM

The dealer wanted over $500.00 to replace mine. My only issue is that my key fob won't unlock the doors so I declined. I heard the ignition switch can cause weird issues too.

I was looking at this site someone mentioned and was wondering if it would resolved some of the issues.
NEWROCKIES Inc | Bypass, disable and remove VATS, PASSKey and Passlock Security Systems in GM cars

Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

That New Rockies bypass sounds interesting. I wonder if anyone here has tried it.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had the ignition switch passlock problem. It didn't cause all the problems the original poster mentioned. Everything looks normal except the engine won't start (not even a solenoid click), and you get a passlock warning alternating with the battery light. And the engine light was on.

The few times when I did get the passlock warning, but the engine still started, the engine ran fine. No rough idle, warning bells or anything.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Ok so i tried jumpstart idea with no luck. I get the click like it wants to turn but no go. Everything else seems fine. However i did still get that weird bass noise in my speakers any time i used anything electric. Even after i got out of the car and the keys were out the reverse lights were flashing dimly and the speakers made that low buz buz with the lights.

I really cant afford this right now.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Check grounds and check your bat cables

Quick Reply: Dang!