General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...

Hello, these are some pictures of my Wife’s Monte SS, it’s a 2001 with only 45000 miles on it. We got Dale Earnhardt Jr as well as Chocolate Meyers to autograph it. Everyone thinks that the “Earnhardt “ one is fake. But I have a video as well as still pics of him signing the car. We were a bit sneaky. He was in Greenbay for an Autograph session and I didn’t want to fight the crowd in a wheelchair, so I got to thinking… He HAD to fly in, SO I drove to the Greenbay Airport, Looked for a DEI jet at the private part of the airport and WHAM ! There it is (of coarse this is JUST before him leaving DEI and still had BUD as a sponsor. SO, here are some pics of Dale signing the car. If you notice OR ever got his autograph, he ONLY or normally just signs “Dale Jr”, But he had asked me were to sign the car, so I asked him JUST like on the race car above the door, he was cool with it… and here is a picture of him autographing the car. When I was at Richard Childress Racing, I seen Chocolate Meyers (Dale Srs Gas Man) and My Son asked him to sign the gas tank lid, so he signed it “Chocolate 3” I thought that was pretty cool. My wife said she is having Tony Stewart to sign the other side when he fly’s in to Wisconsin (I’m going to try that lil scam again, with the airport with Tony)
Just a Lil Story on a Monte SS…. Thanks…MJ

PS: If you look at the autograph, it starts and stops and looks wigglely, its because he is left handed and had nothing to rest his hand on, and it was a PAINT PEN, not a Sharpy then went to the Dealership and they put clear pastic over it so it wouldnt come off.... Like I said, its also on Video...

Attached Thumbnails Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...-dae44.jpg   Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...-mama4.jpg   Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...-mama2.jpg   Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...-mama3.jpg   Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...-45.jpg  

Old 10-16-2010, 02:10 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Thats awesome!!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Great story. Very cool that you have pics and a video to back it up.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

That is freaking cool!!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 AM

That's really cool that Jr signed like and did the fuel door too.

I'd really like to get an authentic Stewart signature on my car too, aybe have to try that when he comes back to NH next year -

although I don't think I'll ask him to sign the fuel lid.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a cool story, and nice pics too. How long ago did this happen?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:20 PM

That's amazing! Good tip for the special edition owners too on how to get the autograph for the driver the car is dedicated to lol

Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very cool! Good idea to cover the signatures to protect them. It looks like you used a peel and stick film. Did you consider clear coating over the signatures, instead of the film?

I wish Dale Jr did signings like Jeff Gordon does. Jeff Gordon has regular signings for owners of the 2003 JG edition Monte. He usually signs the dash panel above the glove box. I would love to get my Dale Jr edition signed be Dale himself.

Edit: Is it just my imagination, or did Dale forget the "L" in "Dale"?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:15 PM

That's awesome.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

here is a Dale JR auto with just dale Jr and no l or e, which ever it is

edit: congrats on getting a petty cool autograph man.....

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 10-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Dale Jrs Autograph on my wifes Monte ss (pics) cool as heck...