General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Couple cell phone shots.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Couple cell phone shots.

Hey guys didnt get many yet because she wasnt clean but heres a few shots of Black Rain. Again not the greatest quality because they're from my cell but hey any picture of my monte is a good picture to me.

Attached Thumbnails Couple cell phone shots.-2011-11-049517.26.37.jpg   Couple cell phone shots.-2011-11-049517.26.47.jpg   Couple cell phone shots.-2011-11-049517.45.55.jpg   Couple cell phone shots.-supercharge.jpg  
Old 11-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Looks good!I wish I had the moolah to really get to work on my Monte. I have big plans for her.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Nice you got any pics of yours? Mind if I friend request ya? I've really not done much to her yet all my saving and plans will be put into effect while shes in storage for winter, all Ive done is new o2 sensors, new cat.,condition the leather, waxed, black detailer put on her, $10 steering wheel cover black with red stiching, and thats about it for now, was gunna get my new rims ordered but that fell through so gunna start looking on here and craigslist for some, got the silver supercharged decal ordered for the front, and then its new downpipe and highflow cat, LED black tail lights, Tint, hopefully find some red bowtie headrests but doubtful lol, upgrade supercharger pully, Wiziard CAI and probably a few things I'm spacing off lol

Old 11-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looking good!

What size rims are you looking to get? I think the stock rims look nice, but they also do sell pretty quick to help you out with new rims if you do go that route.

Realize that the bigger you go with rims the more they'll weigh and the less horsepower your car will put to the wheels, which is why on high powered builds you'll see a lot of people with stock powdercoated or painted rims

Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM

I saw your friend request and accepted it. Go to the "Red and Black Label Photoshoot" thread. Myself and Dustin (Augi) got together for a photoshoot a few days after I got the car. Those are the only pics I have of the car so far.

Here are the definite plans so far:
New Driver's front fender (current one dented all to hell)
Driver's front headlight assembly (amber portion is broken)
Either gonna repair the current hood or get an MPD hood. The current one is dented on the front left corner.
Repair right rear fender between the rear wheel well and the passenger door.
5 Spoke wheels (the version that was on the Dale Jr edition with the black inside)
Red calipers. Probably gonna convert to the Fbody brakes when I do this.
Freshen up engine bay. This will involve painting the engine cover, getting new braces (red) and I'll more than likely get the dogbone mounts done in red.

That's the plans so far. I am also considering an LS4 swap in the future. This wouldn't take place until after my next deployment though (unsure of when that will be yet).

Old 11-05-2011, 02:41 PM

I want to stay basically the same size 17 inch rims, I am not a big fan of huge rims, I want them black though, the problem with my stock rims are they are the chrome oes and they are flaking really bad, the previous owner did not take care of them very well but whenever I get my new rims I have these sold to my friend already for $200 I think he is going to put them on his Alero or maybe even his buick lol.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Ohh cool thanks man I'll go check it out, I'm sure like me you have big plans for your car but the cost is the problem right now lol

Old 11-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Yeah cost is definetely the issue right now. Like I mentioned in the daily blog, if I'm able to change MOSs to medic that will open up the opportunity for a better civilian job so I'll be able to put more money into that and my 73 Z28 Camaro. Post deployment I'll have plenty to work with but I may see about putting a lot of that towards a house if I'm stable employment-wise (meaning I've already been able to change jobs). We'll see what the future brings though. I should know in the next few weeks if I'll be reclassing to medic or not.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 PM

I remember veiwing that thread when it was first posted, beautiful car! I almost bought one just like it a 2000 Monte Carlo SS all black with black leather and 110k for $7,000 but I waited and ened up getting my Black Rain (2005 Supercharged Monte SS) for $5,600 with 77,200 miles, checked the carfax due to the title and found out it had the fender replaced which is why the title was salvaged, contacted the owner at the time of the accident who had pictures, come to find out the car was sideswiped by one of those cart driver things or whatever at walmart where they hook carts up to it and take them in. Anyway no frame damage just was a new fender and repaint lol. Took the car to a dealer and they offered me $10,000 for it even with the title so I feel like I got an ok deal lol.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:52 PM

I'm basically the third owner of the car funny part is the original owner was the kids father who bought it back and repaired it to give it to his son.

Quick Reply: Couple cell phone shots.