General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Cool 6th customs

Old 08-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cool 6th customs

I went to a all Chevy car show today at summit racing in Ohio. Some Monte Carlo guys from New York came out.
They recently made some custom fabricated changes to the hood and spoiler. They also added stripes to mimic a 45th anniversary Camaro.
I love the hood and spoiler. Awesome to see some fresh customs to these cars. What does everyone else think?

Attached Thumbnails Cool 6th customs-photo13.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo909.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo342.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo22.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo856.jpg  

Cool 6th customs-photo846.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo751.jpg   Cool 6th customs-photo665.jpg  
Old 08-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I went to a all Chevy car show today at summit racing in Ohio. Some Monte Carlo guys from New York came out.
They recently made some custom fabricated changes to the hood and spoiler. They also added stripes to mimic a 45th anniversary Camaro.
I love the hood and spoiler. Awesome to see some fresh customs to these cars. What does everyone else think?
Wow that is real Kool! This morning when I posted this it locked me up so I couldn't finish. I agree with Zippy on the hood mod that took a bit of time for sure. If its functional that is even better. I am thinking the guy has a Monte that's and Camaro wanna be, the spoiler mimics the Camaro's spoiler some. Looks like a partial Bra on the Hood some how? This is really nice to see some fresh ideas in the mods for a change. Good Job for sure.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-07-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree, mods taking place at this level is refreshing to see. The hood had to have been very labor intensive and time consuming. Did you see the underside of it, were the heat extractors finished off to function.? If yes then that would be a way cool mod especially for a boosted engine where the bay tends to need help staying cool.

The spoiler I'm torn on, it could grow on me, perhaps it is one of those things I'm used to seeing one way and now seeing it's design flow changed throws me off. That had to have been a fair amount of work itself, nice. Trying to see the purpose of the exposed fasteners. Know a lot of newer mods are leaning towards an industrial look, perhaps if they added some rods to simulate an adjustable spoiler it would justify the exposed fastener heads. Not trying to be a hater at all, like you, I like to see new things. Just trying to envision those on my Monte and how I would possibly see them finished off.

The 45th paint scheme is way cool to me it really rocks. Awesome, out of the box change up, that has not been done on a Monte before either, pretty sic! Love it!

The fender hash marks many cars are sporting seem somewhat out of place. I have thought of them, but in order to justify their existence use them as kill marks, like tank crews put rings on their barrels for every kill. On the cars I was thinking take little OEM symbols like Ford, Subaru, Dodge etc. and overlay them on the hash marks for every one you beat in a race. You could have 6 ford, 3 dodge, 7 Subaru, etc. symbols on them. To me that would then give the hash marks a purpose.

The Monte shows very well, extra clean on a hard color to own. Great job NY Monte guys, awesome looking car you have for yourselves.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:49 PM

10 Year Member

The hood is actually functional. Lots of work went into it.

As for the exposed fasteners, I recall being told why but I was too busy eying up the mods lol.

Not many of us left who are done big custom things like this with these cars. Awesome to see some fresh ideas.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, I think I like the anniversary-style graphics most. Looked good on the Camaro, and fits all right on the Monte as well.

Sharp, tasteful wheels too, by the way.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2017

Love it! Great designs! Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Shows what custom mods to a hood can look like . This is a super job. not sold on one side stripe tho.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM

Looks good but I think the time and effort that was needed should be shown in a less mild look..

Old 08-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Any cool places that makes custom hoods for the 6th gen that actually blow in cool air?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:48 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Looks good but I think the time and effort that was needed should be shown in a less mild look..
What are your thoughts on a less mild look?

Originally Posted by HKnux5112
Any cool places that makes custom hoods for the 6th gen that actually blow in cool air?
There is an aftermarket ram air hood that will direct the airflow to your air box. I believe it is made by mdp.
Outside of that you may need to have a shop custom fabricate one.

Search this Thread