General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Coming home

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Homecoming

Just so you guys know I have personally talked to the driver no less than 4 times already and this is just day one of the trip home. I stopped by Hamilton Chevrolet the receiver just to make sure all the proper prep work has been done for delivery acceptance. I do need help with the initial drive home but that is about it (I can't drive two cars) the driver told me worst case may be a Tuesday delivery - heard there is some real bad weather through Iowa and Illinois might slow him down. I told him take his time - I have waited this long one more day won't kill me. And I chose Reliable from first hand experience - they are the best for this type of auto transport. And Zippy has a short UTube clip me doing a quick launch and you can hear the car there a bit if you turn up the volume. I am so excited I can't stop pee-ing!! LOL!! I will detail further events as they happen in the next couple days. Zippy might post some more pix of the loading not sure - gotta go.

Last edited by Monte SSV; 05-30-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by joeykl66
congrats I want a sound vid!

Here is the only sound clip I have for this car.

Crank it up....

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Wow Congrats! I wish that I could see this car firsthand, it would definitely be a sight to see!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM
15 Year Member
Default Time has come

Well I just got a call from the driver - he will be here at 8 AM Tuesday morning. I don't know how many of you are close but some of you have expressed an interest in seeing my car. It is being delivered to Hamilton Chevrolet in Warren Michigan located at 14 mile and Mound Road (the SW corner) tomorrow morning. A little late - but my exact delivery point really wasn't even decided until the truck was on its way. Originally it was to be dropped off at a Firestone Dealership but at the last minute their management would not agree to accept the car (they claimed insurance reasons would not permit it - unless I was to agree to have some work done on it - and of course I wasn't)and Hamilton did. So there is where I will be tomorrow morning for a while before I take her home.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Well men should anyone be able to make it to this drop off it would be a thriller for sure. Sam's Monte is pretty bad azz and quite a unique build. Yeah for you Sam, happy to know she will be home tomorrow night..... Awesome!!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Would love to be there for the drop off but it's a little out of the way and it's a weekday on top of that, thus work. Hoping Sam can make our fall Meet or other shows here and there this year. Sam, sounds like you'll be at Woodward this year? If you're going to be there that Friday evening OR Saturday morning, we're planning a meeting for Monte Carlos at Woodward; you should join us. I will be there and I'm sure a few others will be as well. Details haven't been decided yet, i.e. meeting time, place, etc.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
15 Year Member
Default Updates

Matt: Yes, please keep me posted. I haven't gotten much sleep today or last night. The car came in on time - a dedicated delivery - I was the only car on the truck all the way in from Utah. Was a nice gathering at Hamilton this AM - some picture taking - some big wigs - just a nice reception - got me some new floor mats out of it - OEM with the Monte Carlo script on it, real nice mats. Took me 2 hrs. to get out of there. It's in the garage now - and tonight I will get some sleep. LSXTV has a feature on the car. If you give me your email I will send you a link and you can post it on this forum. I don't know how so if you don't mind I will have you do it - if you don't mind giving me your email in a PM. Talk soon.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

congrats on the homecoming......Can you send the link to Zippy......

Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sam!
Congradulations on finally haveing your Sweet Butt ride Home!
I too would have liked to have been there for the home comeing of your "KILLER" Monte, But unfortunately the Mrs and I had a full schedule today and it wasnt possible..

Im sure you are probably mentally and physically drained! and relieved at the same time!
Not sure I could have stood the test of time as you did!(Maybe im just to old) Im sure your exceptionally happy that Reliable was exactly as they said...."Reliable"!

I look forward to seeing the video of the debut of your MonteCarlo!
Congradulations again...I know it was well worth the wait!
I hope to see you and your fine ride in September for the Fall meet and Greet! Enjoy!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM
15 Year Member

I did send a link on the article to Greg. There are a couple more credits I would like listed and I spoke to Rick Seitz the journalist and he said there would be no problem updating it. Once it has been updated again I will forward the link out again.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Coming home