General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Default Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...

After some delay, here they are!
All video clips are before and after mixes...

the drive-bys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5nIs8lTygA(2:01)
the before runs were "supervised" by a mom, her two kids and their dog (you can hear the kids on the first left to right run)
the after runs were "supervised" by a creepy old woman out walking her dog (I thought she woulda said something!)
{in other words, when on break, nobody was home on this street to get pissed off!}
I had two different cameramen and it was a bit windy during the "after" runs, sorry!
(and forgive my poor editing skills, I am an audio guy not video!)

the revs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqTtwiyZzk(4:09)
a lengthy video, but I wanted to give you all an ample sample of what she sounded and sounds like...
you may scroll through as you see fit, before and after are each appr. 2 minutes
again, poor editing... sorry!

Here are the PutFile links to, essentially, the same videos and to the audio clips alone...
(YouTube is faster)

http://media.putfile.com/Intimidator-revs (Video file)
http://media.putfile.com/Intimidator-drive-bys (Video file)

http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-clip--BEFORE- (Audio file)
http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-clip--AFTER- (Audio file)

A note or two:
On the "after" drive bys, I parked my cameraman too close to the "left" end of the block (by the stop sign) and so I had no quality right-to-left runs due to the fact I had to bail and brake as of the camera...
Again, the kids in the before drive by are a fun perk... all you can hear there is the SC & intake and the kids goin "YA!"
You will notice the service tag on my mirror in the "after" drive bys... I just had my servicing done immediately after getting the exhaust in so everything is running new and clean... the sound will be best once it's "broken in" a little bit! (Maybe I'll put new, better clips up then!)
Also, these were recorded on the same street along campus at times when everyone who lived there was at work, at class, at practice or away for the weekend so, in other words, no one was home to b1t*4!

PLEASE, let me know what you think...

**(kindly, comments and comparable video/audio links only? please and thank you!)**

Old 03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Default everyone should listen to this!

Nobody has said anything just yet, so I thought I would bring this back up to the recent posts with a reminder to all that the work is finished and the clips are up! the Intimidator is sounding as sexy as ever and I think you guys will appreciate it!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: everyone should listen to this!

Give us a little more details again on what you did to it please.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:25 PM

ya, no problem!

first week (January):
K&N FIPK Intake
Locking gas cap (first day, premium fuel!)

just this month:
3" 304 Stainless bolt-in ZZP downpipe
High-flow cat
U-bend delete
Resonator delete
3" pipe back to the y-pipe
2.5" pipe after the y back to 2 Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers

soon to come:
cosmetic changes (remove dealer sticker {it says "F0r*" [:'(]} and install "Intimidator" windshield decal)
touch up "3800 Series II Supercharged" on the engine block with high-temp paint

future plans: (in no particular order)
headers
changeSC pulley size
subs
180* thermostat
maybe some others

Old 03-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I like it. Sounds good. Can you hear the Supercharger still.

I know when I got my exhaust, I could no longer hear the roller components.

The LTZ sounded like a police cruiser when I would get on it, now that sound is flooded out by the Flowmasters.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Default threw my first code...

a couple of notes/updates...

Thursday afternoon I threw my first P0420 code... in fact, two of them! I had to go to Advance and reset them but it hasn't done it again, yet (*Knock on wood!*)

and about the videos...

they were recorded on a street along our athletic complex at college, so it only has 1/2 the houses to begin with and then the clips were recorded over break at a time when people were at work so NOBODY was home to get angry! I thought the lady w/ the two kids AND the old lady woulda yelled, but no luck!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Default RE: threw my first code...

High-flow cat
Get used to the P0420 code. It isn't going away anytime soon. The aftermarket cat allows too much flow, and has a different a/f mixture after the catalyst, and now will tell your PCM that you are running a ****ty mixture. Ignore it. Or get that code deleted.=)

Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Default Intimidator **UPDATE**

So, have had to reset the P0420 code twice now...

BUT, the update...

Just got my 1:18 scale Intimidator in the mail today!
$25 off Ebay!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Default RE: Intimidator **UPDATE**

I'm not a fan of Flows on 6cyl cars so it pains me to admit that it actually sounds decent.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Default RE: Intimidator **UPDATE**

I'll check out the videos after work, can't wait to hear how it sounds! I also got a 1/18 Intimidator model and the Intimidator windshield decal off ebay haha, kinda funny, the model makes great decor for my office at work. I have the same downpipe and I swear I reset the P0420 code a couple times a week.

Quick Reply: Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...