General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Chance of a Lifetime

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay that video was like too weird Space, are you getting enough oxygen out there? Lol, thanks for the reverting back to happier days of youth. I know you would too if Vin Diesel was going to be thrashing your car, heck any movie exposure would be nice, an extra feather in your portfolio....

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 02-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would because after the movie I could sell my Monte for more $$$$..

Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
LOL Jerry I agree, at the end of the day it's all about how much money you brought home...... fact of life.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by zjerry
& than buy that ZL1 u want

Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

not me i couldnt do it, thats my baby

Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Definitely not.

Anytime the movie company says they'll pay you for damage done to your car. What that really means is your car will be completely totalled and will never drive again. And they'll pay you basically what the insurance company would pay you. Hollywood doesn't see your car as a valuable classic. As a bunch of extreme high end luxury car driving millionaires, they see your Monte (or anybody's Monte) as a cheap old pile of junk. And they honestly think they're doing the environment a favor by destroying your car.

I could never let that happen to any car I own.

I'm not saying I think you car is a pile of junk. I'm simply saying that's how the rich hollywood types see it.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I couldn't do it either, at least not to several of the vehicles I own. They can't easily be replaced. I've got too much custom work into them, and the '82 Olds, well, she couldn't be replaced at ANY cost. I guess it depends on whether or not you plan on keeping your MC or not. If not, heck ya, let'm destroy it. Cuz you gotta know it's be junk when it's done.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 AM

I agree, how much am I getting paid, if it was enough money, then heck yes, put it in a movie. If it is a well know director, then let's do it. Like Zippy said, things come and go, let's go for it!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I would if and I mean if.....they pay me exactly what my insurance company which is Barrette Jackson has it insured for 60k.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Lets get it done....... Nothing is forever and if they hook me up for repairs life goes on. And you could have a DVD with Nicolas Cage tearing up the town in your car.
I am on the fence. Part of me wants to agree with Zippy's comments, as it would be AWESOME to add "and my car was featured in a movie" to the highlights about my car!

I would have to sit down with the Hollywood reps and have an outline of things, such as:
- Anything that may truly damage the car (like crazy jumps, rolling it or anything to may damage it to the point of being totaled, would they have a "stunt car" for that). Many times when a car is a strong focus for a movie or TV show and features a lot of stunts, they will have a couple specially prepared "stunt" cars (they may be lighter weight, the may be stripped out, they may not even look as pretty as the primary vehicle). So your Monte may get used in limited shots (maybe "general" driving scenes and close ups, but not any of the real big stuns). Damages may be potential for minor paint or glass damages (but again, I'd want it outlined exactly what the car would be used for).
- What is "well compensated" in terms of dollars and repairs? If the car is totaled by a freak accident, what would my compensation be at that point (get it all spelled out on paper ahead of time, be prepared for the worst if it were to happen).

There are so many other things I'd be concerned with.

Here's more food for thought. When GM loaned Michael Bay the CONCEPT Camaro for the 1st Transformer movie, GM was hot on them NOT to do ANYTHING that would damage that car (as it was basically a 1-of-a-kind and needed for other promotions). The biggest thing that was an issue to replace would be the wheels. So, Hollywood used steel rims with hub caps that they could fabricate (as they could fab those faster/easier then actual rims). In the movie, you could not tell it was steelies and hub caps, then in closer shots with less chance of damage, they used the real rims.

I got to see the REAL Bumblebee at an autoshow after the movie (and it was marked as the actual car used). I have a pic of the plaque that talke about the the wheels and such. It has some minor paint damage (assuming that was from the movie).

Quick Reply: Chance of a Lifetime