General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

on the car and motor that i have 87 monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Default RE: on the car and motor that i have 87 monte ?

OK here is the photo from the link above.
your talking a Camaro carb not a monte carlo carb and those are in Canada.

So unless he has a emissions carb from can. that looks like this he should be good to go.

I used to know what those plugs were but cant remember any more. i have only see one in person once on a car that was actually drove in to the country from Can. other wise i haven't seen them on a US Spec car.
and never on a monte carlo. So if he has this on a monte then i stand corrected.

HOW TO POST PHOTOS HERE.
go to the bottom of the thread where IT says POST REPLY not to the fast reply section.
Open the post reply link.
Once open look at the bottom of it. in the file section. you will see
CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD! click on it and it will bring up a small window , it will have a blank space and a button that says browse on it.
Click on the browse button. find the photo that you want and hit upload/OK

once it has done this it will let you know it was done successfully or not.
If so then you hit the OK bottom and again at the bottom of the post where you found the first button there is a Check box that says Embed in to post.
click it and then hit OK or type your message.
once done it will upload the photo for you and also put it in the post for you. or at least give you a link to the photo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/D439797EA9F14A0D81CC2106C768BBFB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM

ok thanks for that info man
i know that carb is off a camaro but it is the only pic i could find now in canada all 305 h.o. (l69)and all 305(lg4) got this carb thats all gm cars in the 80 s so your saying the the us carbs did not change to the ccc i did not know that then i guess a edelbrock carb would fit the app.
you learn somthing new everyday !!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:36 PM

alright..if it helps any my car dont forget is a ls not ss..and i got my carb rebuilt when i got the motor rebuilt..on the legal intake manifold and headers and y pipe and cat back system and cam..can you show me the links to them beacuse i want to make sure i get the righ things for the motor...also wil be worth it?what would be the benfical of each?thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When do we get to see your LS Monte?

I know I love Q-jet carbs. Infact right now I'm running three of them. Including the stock Q-jet on my '86 LS monte.

I'd take a decent Q-jet over a Holley any day of the week. I tried three different Holleys on my first car when it's Q-jet needed work. None of these Holleysmade my 327 perform like the Q-jet did.

Idid have the Q-jet off my Montere-built in 2004 at a local shop. First time they went through it my engine ran like s--t! And they tried to blame it on my engine when I complained. I even had to buy a used Q-jet off Mike from Mike's Montes, slap it on my engine and drive my Monte to this shop to show them it WASN'T.... my engine!

Then they agreed to go through the carb again. Gee guess what? Second time I get my carb back my engine runs fine. [8D]

Old 01-16-2007, 10:02 PM

ill take pictures and post em on here!when i went to the shop to pick up my car from being rebuilt they sayed my fan clutch needs to be replaced,idler needs to be replaced and carb rebuild..so i took it to get rebuild and nothing change too me?!and then i found out my tranny was going out so i got a 350 turbo tranny in it and a new rear end..and its still very slow to me so i wanna see what parts out there thats legal can do to beef it up!

Old 01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Slippage from the transmission can make your car seem slow.

The carbs Chevy put on the 1980s Montes are controlled by distributor. If you go to a non-electronic carb you'll need to switch the distributor as well. A lot of guys don't realize this then they change the carb on the engine and find it either doesn't run or run very well?

99% of the guys who own an '81-88 Monte say to dump the stock 305 engine (even the 305 H O engines) and shove in a decent 350 or bigger engine. They all consider the stock 305s a boat anchor. That for the cash you sink into making a 305 run half way decent you could have made a 350 run REAL nice.

Personally I happen to like the 305 H O in my LS Monte.
I own a car with a '68 327 in it and 4-speed.
A car with a '69302 in it and 4-speed.
A car with an early '70s 350 in it. (I can turn the back tires in 3rd gear in a Station Wagon with this 350)
Plus I've got another car with a mid-70s 350/350 turbo in it.

The 305 H O in my Monte is fine.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:30 PM

well the tranny was very bad beacuse iwent back to the carb shop who rebuilt it beacuse it was very slow i mean very slow and it could do a stand still no more and i just got everthing rebuilt.adn the shops sayed it was my cat..had it tested and it wasnt..days later tranny went out put a new one in and now its fine..i would put a 350 in but ill just stick with the 305 since i did all the rebuilding of the whole motor tranny and rear end.and plus im a the orginal owner.i just want to make it a littel peppy..!ANY ONE HAS THOSE LINKS TO THE PARTS I WOULD NEED IN MY ABOVE POST?thanks angelo

Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 PM

legal intake manifold and headers and y pipe and cat back system and cam

Old 01-17-2007, 10:10 AM

here is the lik for the headers http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ular_app.shtml
take the one for the l69 they are bigger should work good for ya and i will post the part numbers or links for the rest later !

Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM

nope understand it is not acamaro jsu tdidn tknow if you knew it LOL

in the states i have enver seen this unless it was brought down from Can.

as far as being controlled from the distro. i guess i never knew this due to me having tore them out in favore of a MSD ing. system on my cars.

also im all fo rthe 305-307 and the 350's they are all great motors sure you will pay a bit more to get the 305 and the 307 to out preform the 350's but i have seen this done also.

Quick Reply: on the car and motor that i have 87 monte ?