General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Cannot decide on what to purchase for Amber

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Default Cannot decide on what to purchase for Amber

So I recently received copious amounts of graduation money and I don't know how to spend it on my car. My first option (which appeals to me most because I am really into car audio and want to make it my job eventually) JL audio TR components with another JL amp to run them. Second option, Y-pipe my exhaust so I have the dual look out the back end and either do Rims or LED tail lights. I need some fellow monte enthusiasts to assist me on what would be best for my baby.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

if it was my car...i would probably do exhaust and tail lights/headlights

Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You said yourself, your first choice is the audio system. You don't always get money like that. So spend it on what you will enjoy most! Go with the sound system.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
You said yourself, your first choice is the audio system. You don't always get money like that. So spend it on what you will enjoy most! Go with the sound system.
+1 and then follow up with rims/tires....if you don't have enough for that, LED taillights!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx

Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx

I disagree, the op said he want's to become a professional installer eventually...in my opinion, spending the money on car audio/technology would net him the highest personal gain...i will explain my thought process.

Not only would he enjoy the upgrade more, but he would gain install knowledge/experience by putting the system in himself... there is no school in the world like the school of hard knocks, experience trumps training in all respects...

also, he would then have a traveling "portfolio" of his work which could net him a job opportunity in the future (obviously this would be dependent on the quality of the work).

To the OP, do what ever makes YOU the most happy...ultimately it's YOUR ride and $$$, spend it well (opportunity does not knock too often, you have to be ready when it does).

i apologize if i offended anyone, sometimes im a bit opinionated...i wil climb down off my soapbox now.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

thats why i said "if it was my car." he is they only one that really knows what he wants and in the end it is his money he is spending. no one can really tell him how to spend it

Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 PM

I would agree with everyone on here. I always make a list of the mods that I want to make to my car and I place a priority on them. I save up and get the mod and cross it off the list. If the audio is the mod at the top of his list (sounds like it is) do that mod and cross it off the list until he has money for the next one. JMO

Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 PM

I think I am leaning towards the audio as well. However, when I said I'd like to make it my profession, I meant along the lines of retailing it. I am going to college for Industrial Distribution and part of what I could do with that degree is to whole sale from the manufacturer to the retailer. I can put subs in but I have no idea how to wire a second amp up yet. Therefore, for now, I will leave it up to an audio shop about an hour from me.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

how about put the money towards college because that's what people give you the money for?

Quick Reply: Cannot decide on what to purchase for Amber