General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

can not get in car

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It won't work. The ignition key doesn't work in the key hole of the door. He stated in his first post that his battery was dead after sitting for a week and a half. OP; You are going to need a locksmith. Good luck.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Maybe this year Monte is a little different, but is there ANY way to reach the hood latch from under the car to pop the hood and put a battery charger on the car/battery???
Usually the hood latch is a cable drive from the lever in the car. Some vehicles have ways you can manipulate the latch into releasing from under the car.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Maybe this year Monte is a little different, but is there ANY way to reach the hood latch from under the car to pop the hood and put a battery charger on the car/battery???
Usually the hood latch is a cable drive from the lever in the car. Some vehicles have ways you can manipulate the latch into releasing from under the car.
It won't be easy, but I think it can be done. It is after all just a cable you have to pull.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Maybe he could reach the battery from underneath also to put a charger or jumper cables on.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Maybe he could reach the battery from underneath also to put a charger or jumper cables on.

Holy crap that's funny! There is about 3/8ths of inch clearance between the belt and the battery. You have to remove the brace to get to anything related to the battery.

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
There may be something to this though... If you could reach your cable, you may be able to pop your hood.

P.S. This is the first time that I have done multiple quotes...

Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 AM

i have an 06 monte too and my key does not work in the drivers door. i dont believe its seized, it never worked since i got it in 09. i wonder how many 06s are like this. good luck op, you are living one of my biggest fears that ill get locked out!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

FYI - This key seized in the door is why you need to lubricate and use the key lock once in a while.

Hopefully the reaching under the car idea helps.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:55 AM

I never met any car I could not get into with a coat hanger either by getting to the lock or door linkage or through the window or door.

When I first got my Monte I locked the key in it with the car running. I thought about Onstar but it is analog and disablled. So I got out the coat hanger once again and went down into the door going for the lock or door linkage (like a slim jim) while I did get the door handle to move a couple time no luck.

I then pryed the top of the door our a little with a rag covered tool. Then I streched out the coat hanger all the way and bent a hook at the end. I stuck it and and tried going for the door lock or window buttons while trying to swing back and forth to hit the unlock button I managed to grab the manual unlock button and opened it. This whole process took about 15 minutes.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 AM

Do you have road side assistance ? Does your insurance company cover no starts ? If your Monte has a door lock & the key isn't working, try lock ease ? Or some police officer's have slim jims to get into cars ? (You should call their public # & not 911)...
If all else fails, use something like below

Thanks `Member's for trying to help a new member

Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Not to Hi Jack this thread: But Why won't the ignition key work in the drivers door ? On an 06 Monte there is No key hole in the trunk either. Or in the passenger door. What the Hells up with that ? Man I hope you get in and charge your battery. My Monte sits for 4 months from Dec till mid of April & starts right up.

Quick Reply: can not get in car