General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Build/Swap almost complete

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
pfft yours is 3.1 and there's hardly any after market parts except ebay mods that's why i said do the swap
Technically he has the 3400 Sorry I had to.

Man, this LS7 Monte is awesome. You said it's a destroked LS7 though. What displacement is it? And, just out of curiousity would you be willing to tell us how much that block cost to have made? This is now one of my all-time favorite Monte's. Great job and let us know what issue of Hot Rod magazine it will be in!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zipper
Technically he has the 3400 Sorry I had to.

Man, this LS7 Monte is awesome. You said it's a destroked LS7 though. What displacement is it? And, just out of curiousity would you be willing to tell us how much that block cost to have made? This is now one of my all-time favorite Monte's. Great job and let us know what issue of Hot Rod magazine it will be in!
lol i was about to say it haha..

and we need to make a list of questions for this guy, haha i have plenty.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:06 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default LS7 Questions

The block is the standard 4.125" bore and the crank has a stroke of 3.75" - that comes to a total CID of 401. When making a block you can use a variety of bore/stroke combinations recommended for that applicaton. Up to 4.25" bore and 4" stroke all fall within the parameters of the LS7 - something I researched with GM Performance Division. The recommended max stroke on an LS7 is 4.10". The LS7 in the corvettes is a 4.125" bore and a 4" stroke thereby you get 427 CID. My motor is destroked to lessen torque - the transmission killer. You can see the 401 badge on my intake in one of the last pictures in my second album.
I will keep you posted on the HOT Rod article when it happens.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
15 Year Member
Talking Questions

Trewyn15: If you notice a lot of your questions can be answered by the subtitles on the two photo albums that have been posted. And also on this forum I posted some of the upgrades I did somewhere. I guess if you did a search under my ID of bahdeets you can find the thread with all my info. Thanks

Old 08-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Trewyn15: If you notice a lot of your questions can be answered by the subtitles on the two photo albums that have been posted. And also on this forum I posted some of the upgrades I did somewhere. I guess if you did a search under my ID of bahdeets you can find the thread with all my info. Thanks
i know i posted the link to all three, im just saying, questions after the build as far as horsepower and times and those things, but i would also assume you would probably post those almost instantly with an amazing build like this ha

Old 08-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

definitely monte carlo of the year for sure.
i never got your answer on how how much the total cost of the build. btw what size is the turbo cuz that thing looks huge!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:46 PM

That is one awesome build man. I will be looking forward to seeing it in Hot Rod.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 PM

yeah, that's an upgrade I haven't seen before.

just utterly beautiful. what a machine

Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
15 Year Member

As soon as I get details to the specifics on HP, TQ - any times that may occur and/or, just plain street driveability I will be sure to post them all - and I will also advise when the HOT ROD article is to come out. The exact size of the Turbo I will have to get back with you. I don't have the build sheet with me it is at work and I have to look it up. I will post it as a simple addendum for you sometime in the next day or so. It is a Garrett, just can't remember - so many things - so many parts, just can't remember everything. If you go to the thread posted in the beginning of this thread there is the site - www.UTDSM.org - the shop doing the work has put an estimate of this entire build in the beginning of that thread.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 PM
15 Year Member

I found it - the turbo I am using is a Garrett of course. It is rated at 500 to 1000HP. It requires a 2-1/8" Wastegate and uses a 4" downpipe. If you notice my down pipe is 4" and the compressor inlet wheel is 3" and the outlet wheel is 4". The turbine uses a 3-1/2" wheel. You can find the entire specifications for the turbo on Garretts website for the GT 4202.

Quick Reply: Build/Swap almost complete