General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Before/After Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Well like i said i'm basically all highway driving so i'd be wearing the bra all the time, I'd rather looks good cruising and see how it plays out!
Almost 2 years and those were my only problems, I'd say that's not to bad with 90% highway driving.

I put General Gmax on the front because i like the look of the Tread better on it (Weird i know haha)
And i have Good years on the back
I hear ya, but just something to consider. Body shops can't bake the paint as hot as they do in the factory during assembly and, as a result, it will chip easier.

Just curious of the tires because I'm looking into a new set fairly soon here; probably before the Michigan Meet. I've been looking at Michelin Super Sports (summer tire) or the new Michelin Sport A/S 3 (all-season), although the A/S 3 is being released this summer and I don't really want to wait that long.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I hear ya, but just something to consider. Body shops can't bake the paint as hot as they do in the factory during assembly and, as a result, it will chip easier.

Just curious of the tires because I'm looking into a new set fairly soon here; probably before the Michigan Meet. I've been looking at Michelin Super Sports (summer tire) or the new Michelin Sport A/S 3 (all-season), although the A/S 3 is being released this summer and I don't really want to wait that long.
That makes sense, We will see how it plays out being driven If i do get a garbage load of chips, I'll know for next time to get a bra.

Both tires are supposed to be great tires! either decision will be a good one

Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM

$1k, wow. That's surprising, especially for just plain black. It really looks beautiful though! Nothing shines like a freshly painted black car

Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
$1k, wow. That's surprising, especially for just plain black. It really looks beautiful though! Nothing shines like a freshly painted black car
That is true! Nothing like a clean black car.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM

Seeing this thread has got me itching to repaint mine, but I gotta wait til I get a second car and not drive this one around so much at least I can see what I have to look forward to! And man is it ever beautiful

As a side note, do any of you guys park waaaay away from everyone else, or are you going to now that your monte is fresh out of the shop? Or do you guys just get lucky when parking next to others.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Seeing this thread has got me itching to repaint mine, but I gotta wait til I get a second car and not drive this one around so much at least I can see what I have to look forward to! And man is it ever beautiful

As a side note, do any of you guys park waaaay away from everyone else, or are you going to now that your monte is fresh out of the shop? Or do you guys just get lucky when parking next to others.
It's definitely worth the $ to get it looking like that Can't beat a clean black car! especially a monte

I've always parked wayyyy away from everyone even when i had my 02! At work I used to park in a Vacant lot across the street Now i get to park in my own spot with no one around.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member

I guess I've just been lucky so far, and that included my last 1.5 semesters in a college parking lot. Honestly, I usually just park with the rest of the crowd but am aware of the size of spaces and what's around. I won't park in a tight spot.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks awesome!!well worth the dough!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member

Now about that front plate...

Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 AM