General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Before/After Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tps221
How did you remove the dent!!
I took it to a body shop

Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Good

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Looks really good! Just be careful on the highway now, you don't want to get that new paint all messed up.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Looks really good! Just be careful on the highway now, you don't want to get that new paint all messed up.
For sure man! It's all highway driving for me to so I'm just going to have to keep back from the car in front of me.

Some people were asking if they new paint looked better and made the old paint on the car look faded, I think it matched pretty well. Opinions welcomed if you can tell or if it looks well blended to you?

The front bumper/hood is new paint and the door is Old paint.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Some people were asking if they new paint looked better and made the old paint on the car look faded, I think it matched pretty well. Opinions welcomed if you can tell or if it looks well blended to you?
The color matching looks good to me, and black is a tricky one to get. I like that last picture. The Chevrolet dealership that did the work on mine did an absolute amazing job matching the black and the work was exceptional. I've thought about having the mirrors re painted and would definitely go back to the same dealership for the work.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 04-18-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM

Car looks great! I assume the body shop just pulled the dent out with one of those dent puller thingys? How does it look up-close? Can you tell there was once something there?

I don't know why you bothered to repaint the hood if you're just going to go right back to highway driving again... you know no matter what you do that perfect paint won't last How much did the fresh black paint on the bumper cost? Curious because it's something I have to do very soon.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Car looks great! I assume the body shop just pulled the dent out with one of those dent puller thingys? How does it look up-close? Can you tell there was once something there?

I don't know why you bothered to repaint the hood if you're just going to go right back to highway driving again... you know no matter what you do that perfect paint won't last How much did the fresh black paint on the bumper cost? Curious because it's something I have to do very soon.
Looks great close up can't even tell there was any dings there! I dont think he could only pop it out because the bumper was pretty cracked as well he had to fix that. He did a great job on it!
repainted it for show season, I only had that one major dent so it doesn't get dinged to much really.
The whole thing cost me a Grand.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM

10 Year Member

The color matching looks good to me, and black is a tricky one to get. I like that last picture. The Chevrolet dealership that did the work on mine did an absolute amazing job matching the black and the work was exceptional. I've thought about having the mirrors re painted and would definitely go back to the same dealership for the work.
Awesome Matt! i think i found my bodywork guy as well! I'll def. take it back to him if anything else comes up

Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member

Consider a front bra for highway driving only? If I HAD to drive mine on the highway I'd invest in one ONLY for that purpose but I have the Cruze now so that's not an issue. Since mine was repainted, it stays off the highway as much as possible. Damn gravel haulers/Michigan roads.

If it means anything, my work cost me $1k. That included having the front license plate bracket removed and the holes repaired; the front bumper, hood, and fenders re painted, including painting the fog bezels. Also a new upper grille and lower ground effect insert.

A side note, Devin, what tires are you running?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM

10 Year Member

Consider a front bra for highway driving only? If I HAD to drive mine on the highway I'd invest in one ONLY for that purpose but I have the Cruze now so that's not an issue. Since mine was repainted, it stays off the highway as much as possible. Damn gravel haulers/Michigan roads.

If it means anything, my work cost me $1k. That included having the front license plate bracket removed and the holes repaired; the front bumper, hood, and fenders re painted, including painting the fog bezels. Also a new upper grille and lower ground effect insert.

A side note, Devin, what tires are you running?
Well like i said i'm basically all highway driving so i'd be wearing the bra all the time, I'd rather looks good cruising and see how it plays out!
Almost 2 years and those were my only problems, I'd say that's not to bad with 90% highway driving.

I put General Gmax on the front because i like the look of the Tread better on it (Weird i know haha)
And i have Good years on the back

Quick Reply: Before/After Pics