General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bad drive home last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Bad drive home last night

Well we will see what the body shop and insurance company say about it but I see structural damage already. I love when little old ladies run through traffic lights turning left right in front of you. That's 2 cars that were in extremely good condition that have fallen victim to LOL's (little old ladies) in the past 1.5 years. But it's my high insurance rates that make the insurance companies money, where's the justice in that. All I can say is I hope they right it off, as much as I love that car driving a collision repaired car is like taking a shower and putting dirty underwear back on. $h1&$:@"/&.$ !!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Not all cars with large structural damage are a wash. I have an '84 Camaro that in '99 I wrapped around a telephone pole while driving in the winter. It crushed the rear quarter, snapped the wheel off the rear axle.
My father spent some cold days working under her to get it so we could put her back on all 4 wheels. The maiden voyage after that rebuild, she drove great! I wouldn't have ever noticed if it wasn't for the body damage.
Later one, the body shop that fixed her the rest of the way said they did have to straighten her out a little, but I don't think anyone could ever tell. Drove the Camaro until August of '03 when a rod bearing spun. She now sits in the garage in a lot of pieces. My goal is to restore her and get her back on the road better then ever.
Here's info from that accident:
http://crzyz28.sytes.net/mycars/84ca.../accident.html

Advice - If you can have a reputable body shop look at it and give you a quote, if insurance does not declare it a total, you can probably muscle them into paying to go to shop of your choice. Just a thought.

Either way, best of luck man!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:36 AM

Hi `Justin,
Sorry to read about your accident Hope you did not get hurt 4-Sure.
There's many BAD Driver's out there: Old/young/drunks/stoners/aliens + more...We must always drive defensively or with a Big Gun
~>Get `Justin
Sure hope your insurance company treats you right.
Keep us updated, and if you can post some pic's...
Wish you the best ~> Good Luck

Yeap, Sure `do Grandma : )

Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Glad you weren't hurt - good luck with the repairs

Old 12-21-2010, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Sorry to hear about the accident man. Don't feel so bad about it though...when I got into my accident in the Monte, I thought there would be a chance it was totaled, and even with 7,000 in repairs it was not totaled, and trust me, there is no way you or I would EVER know that car was in an accident. It drives the same as before, and looks the same as before. You might be surprised what a good body shop can do for you.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am just glad every one is ok the way I look at it i was looking for a car when I found this one so I would just start looking again

Old 12-21-2010, 12:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I almost rear ended an elderly couple yesterday aswell.
Can't even explain how pissed off I was.
If it totaled, in Canada, do you have a chance to buy it back and part it out.
You can make a few bucks from the wheels alone.
Again, glad you're okay, sorry about the accident, it sure looks sweet in your sig.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Mann I'm sooo sorry to hear that =( good luck with everything!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

That totally sux man. At least your safe. There are so many advances in body shop equipment that you will never know it was ever hit. Heck, i have seen cars come off of trailer that were delivered new to dealerships that were already getting worked on. The buyer would never know it was repaired.

Just find a good shop and you will be fine............even if you wearing dirty underware.

EEEEEEEWWWW!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM

I feel for you, Justin. A 'LOL' took out the driver-side rear quarter panel on my wife's Monte a couple months ago in a parking lot. Luckily someone stopped her as she tried to drive away, so at least her insurance paid the bill.

Quick Reply: Bad drive home last night