General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Attempt theft ON MY NEW 05 MC!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by labnjab
if you have it locked with the windows down and try to manually unlock the inside from the outside (if that makes any sense)
Makes no sense to me. When the windows are down you climb in nascar style :P

Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM

The time it happened to me I was waxing it and had the windows down with the key in my pocket. I accidently hit the lock button on the fob. For some odd reason I reached through the window to unlock it manually and the alarm went off

Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM

A marine stick, NRA, or other military/weapons stickers added to any car might make any of the smarter criminals think twice, but for the dumb ones thats when you need to show why the stickers there. I'm all for concealed carry/ putting a damn shotgun rack in your car, but it is very unlikely that you will catch them in the act again unless you set some bait(something shiny in the car) and just wait in the darkness. Sure its long, and tiresome but you catch them in the act and I doubt they will do anything like this again.

My friends dad use to own an apartment building and the same room kept getting broken into and the alarm was useless, so he put on a full set of Black BDU's and sat waiting in the shadows in front of the window the burgalar kept breaking threw with his Remington 870. Sure enough the guy breaks in that night, the guy in the room ***** the shotgun chambering a .12 gauge Buckshot and yells get on the ground! He is an active fireman and served in the marines a while back. He apprehended the guy and called the cops.

Since then no problems, for your case how about a night in the back seat with a new friend( your choice of pistol)

Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM

guns ruin lives and families! sorry to preach but i've owned guns and they are pretty much useless!!!!!!!!!!
Do you really care that much about a thief and his/her family? They ruin lives enough themselves (think about the people who get their car/stuff stolen and don't have full coverage insurance-stuff they may have worked their whole life for)- that I wouldn't feel bad for an instant. Do you really think if they broke into your house and found you in a vulnerable position (ie sleeping, showering, etc) that they wouldn't take advantage of it?

People that sign up for the army go realizing they could be shot and killed by the enemy- you get the same problem when you choose to be a thief- its an occupational hazard that you know before you get into the job.

I'm not advocating running out there Rambo style with guns blazing, but if you went out there gun drawn to apprehend the crook, and they decide to pull a gun- I don't see any problem with letting them get what they deserve. They prey on those who are weak and can't protect themselves, and IMO if crooks in general realized that people would actively defend themselves and their property- then maybe they would decide its too risky and to get a real job.

I'm not saying a gun alone is the solution though, you definitely need to get an alarm on the car- you need some way for the car to warn you that someone is tampering with it. An alarm on the house probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM

15 Year Member

two words:
Trunk Monkey.

(sorry, but I wanted to take a little lighter note on this dampered topic)

Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM

What's a "trunk monkey" ? I thought of another type of monkey that made me lol XD

Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 PM

Haha thx for ideas trunk monkey is great.. Well insurance will cover 100% dmgs and free rental.. Im going with Vipers newest car alarm/camand strt.. as for stock alarm i donno why it doesnt go off. I think mine only gose off if you lock the doors with fob and you open door from inside i use my key lots in door lock becase i think its annyoing when u hit unlock and the HORN HONKS and my HIDs just flash..

im kinda pissed owned car for 5 months and ive been the only one in my driver seat since ive owned it now i know someone els has sat thier too...

my alero had that passlock too. my alero was attempted theft 2 times. thought if i got this **** would change.. guesse now

Old 07-14-2009, 08:35 AM

15 Year Member

pssst, if you go through your radio settings you can turn the honking / lights off while locking / unlocking

Living up near my parents i never had the honking turned on because I could hear the physical clicking, but since I moved to Philly I use the honk just to make sure.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

even if you do get an alarm and if i am in your shoes i would still get either a paintball gun or pellet gun just to get even with them.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:48 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
even if you do get an alarm and if i am in your shoes i would still get either a paintball gun or pellet gun just to get even with them.
but what if you hit the car?

Quick Reply: Attempt theft ON MY NEW 05 MC!