General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

98 monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Default 98 monte

could i put flow masters on this and it sound good

Old 01-12-2008, 09:45 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 98 monte

many say yes on this forum.... i say "eh". be careful which one you get. i'm going to get bombed for saying this, but there is a fwe Flowmasters that don't sound good at all on these V6's. i know a guy with a VSUX mustang it sounds like **** when he revs it. some sound good... the super 44's or something, they sound great. the 40 series sounds good on a V8 buti personaly am not too fond of its sound on a V6. right now i'm leaning towards straight pipe.

if you got the Z34 then you should havea 3.8. this is a grand prix exhuast page.... don't take my word for the exhuast sounds, just decide for yourself!!!

http://www.rmcgp.com/exhaust/

Old 01-12-2008, 12:09 PM

if you put a high flow catalitic converter and delete the resonator and drop super 44s onto your car it will sound BADASS. if you leave the stock cat it will sound high pitched and ricey, if you leave the resonator it will sound muffled and you wont get the full effect. so if you want the best sound for the 60 degree v6's IMO high flow cat, magnaflow part # 53009 "so you can have 3" intermediate pipe" or if you wanna use your stock pipe get the part # 53007 , flowmaster super 44 si/so unless you wanna go full trick then get the si/do and it'll sound a lil better, part # 942545 for the si/so. and w/e tips u want

my setup is the high flow maggie, 3" intermediate into a super 44 si/do and side exit before the rear tire. i can email you a sound clip if youd like

Old 01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Changing your exhaust system is a lot my complexed than MOST PEOPLE realize. First, the smaller the motor the more back-pressure is valued and needed for your car to run its best.

IWOULDNOT buy ANY exhaust system that WAS NOT Dyno-tuned for MY CAR!!!

Besides... go to youtube and listen to the various exhaust systems for your car - Sound RICE to me... but it doesn't matter what I think... It does matter how you think!