General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

86 Monte worklog

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I'm debating right now if it would make sense to put my 454 back together and drop it in here. decisions decisions.
Hi `Brock, POWER CORRUPTS
What's your Hurry ? What's your Mod Fund ? How fast to U want to run away from every ride next 2 U ?
Below is from Jegs, but Summitt Racing has great performance & engine parts...

Do you plan on keep'in it auto ? What type of rear end gear now ? If U just plan on drag racing ? go with a low posi rear + tune your suspension 4 more power...Speed/Power cost 4-Sure...What are your priorities ? Limit's ? Funds ?
No Funds = No Fun 4-Sure....Keep us updated & have Fun with your Project...(wish it was mine : )

Engine - Assembled / Ready-to-Run

Crate engines are a great way to add some power to your vehicle. JEGS has a great selection of crate motors from some of the top engine builders like Blueprint Engines, Ford Racing, GM Performance and more. All are backed by industry leading warranties.
JEGS stocks high performance crate engines for Ford, GM and Mopar, among others. 350 Small block Chevy engines are very popular crate engines. JEGS stocks many small block Chevy crate motors. Choosing a crate engine assembly assures that you're getting the performance you want. Professional engine builders have done the research and built engines with documented horsepower and torque. You get the crate engine assembly you want and the reliability to go with it, all at a great price.

Crate Engines - Chevy Crate Engines - Performance Crate Engines - Ford Crate Engines - Mopar Crate Engines
Click above 2 MotorDream : )

Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
Lookin' good, Brock.

Course, if you ever get bored, I have a few cars here...lol.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"All it needs is just a little time" __ Jeff Carson __ 'The Car'
I will totally take your cars home and work on them

Space, I don't have much funds so it would be a budget build, but for now I want to get it painted. It may get sold because I have something very great in my plans for it, but we'll see.

I got farther on it yesterday, I finally got it started *after one fire* and it runs pretty good now. I need some wire loom and new spark plug wires to finish it off though, it took a while to get all of the timing set and I ended up being 180* off. Gonna take it out for a drive tomorrow and see how everything feels.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]
Do you plan on keep'in it auto ? What type of rear end gear now ? If U just plan on drag racing ? go with a low posi rear + tune your suspension 4 more power...Speed/Power cost 4-Sure...What are your priorities ? Limit's ? Funds ?
Yes, 3.73s, stock posi pretty much, so it will probably explode haha. I need suspension work for sure. My priorities are having a fun car and my funds are that of a college student, so far I haven't spent over $200 on this car/ including gaskets and everything. That number will go down if I can sell my stock intake too.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Interesting color for the intake!!!

Looking good!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:10 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Nice looking '86.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:01 PM

I wish I knew more about carbs, but this is still interesting to read

Old 10-10-2011, 12:23 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Thanks everyone, and Cort, I say haha.

Got it tuned up again today. My distributer moved a tiny bit and it had 79 jets in it so I dropped the primaries to a 74, but the secondaries are still a 79. Got rid of the choke and got the heater to work just in time because my windows were fogging tonight. Tuesday I'll try to get it cleaner up with some pictures.

On a side story, while I was trying to test it I got on it a bit in a friends neighborhood and parked it. After I parked it I did some more fine tuning with him, and I was about to leave, when I saw a unmarked parked 2 blocks away, just watching me. I waited 20 minutes till he left then went on my way

Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Pictures

Old 10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

275 60 r15... pretty excited, should be here friday or saturday