General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

> 84 Hot Rod Monte Carlo S.S. (+ more) <

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space get some sleep , and have a good day as well. Also, what the heck is a snarkapatomus hahaha

Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 AM

I'm not necessarily talking about a 4th gen Monte either. I'm not talking about any specific car in regards to what engines we can swap in. Basically I am a fan of the oldschool.

Oldschool cars in general, oldschool engines in general, oldschool styling in general. I am personally not a fan of all the new high tech crap they're stuffing into cars these days. That does not imply that I dislike modern cars either, obviously I own one and it's my baby.

Example. Our 6th gen Montes have double din radios. When I went to aftermarket, I converted it to a single din because I hate double-din touchscreens. I'm miffed at the fact that my next car probably won't have that option of reverting to single din... just not my preference.

Also, oldschool engines fascinate me. It brings you back to a glorious time in America's automotive history, something we'll never see again. I take no issue with modern, smaller, fuel efficient engines though, but a lady can dream Breaks my heart to see the way we're going with electric cars though. Give it a few decades and I'll be adorning my Christmas trees with old fuel injectors in a last-bid attempt at nostalgia when we're swamped with tiny, quiet electric-only cars.... ya dig?

There has been an enormous undeniable improvement in efficiency, safety, and reliability with newer technologies. I DO like my creature comforts to an extent, but I still prefer "simpler" cars, like I prefer single-din radios and manual transmissions, and for the love of all things good I wish they'd do away with DRLs!

I dunno about you, but hypothetically if I had the option of keeping my 3800 or dropping a 454 in my current Monte (HYPOTHETICALLY speaking), I would not keep the 3800... not even a contest, lol.

Just my preferences though

Last edited by milrlyt; 11-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Space get some sleep , and have a good day as well. Also, what the heck is a snarkapatomus hahaha

LoL `Brock, I don't know Big Words like that & I always have to search to find out what they mean ? (I learn so much on the MCF, but what I learn keeps fall'in outa my head 4-some reason) ~>
Maybe the below will confuse you also ? I did search for the definition of snarkapotamus, but could not find it anywhere on the world wide web Maybe it's a outer space type of word from another alien planet that I'm not aware of ? (LOL)...I'm still try'in 2 learn English & I'm not do'in a very good job at it...
Urban Dictionary: shankapotomus

<CITE style="FONT-STYLE: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,153,51)">Urban Dictionary, November 12: typerventilatingshankapotomus</CITE>
Someone who can't keep the ball in play during a round of golf. Hitting the ball to the extreme right (slice) or extreme left (hook).

I think this thread has been high`jacked, but to me it turned funny in my mind, ~> I think OK, what's the topic again ?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by milrlyt
. Basically I am a fan of the oldschool.

Oldschool cars in general, oldschool engines in general, oldschool styling in general. I am personally not a fan of all the new high tech crap they're stuffing into cars these days. That does not imply that I dislike modern cars either, obviously I own one and it's my baby.

Just my preferences though

Thanks for your words/opinions/preferences & adding to the activity on the MCF
"Im not trying to be new school & I'm not old school, I consider myself unique to the norm.. There's many rides out there & a lot of old rides, but I just like what I like & happy that I live in a country that I have so many choices in life & in the automotive market 4-Sure "

Last edited by Space; 11-12-2012 at 11:19 AM.