General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

> 84 Hot Rod Monte Carlo S.S. (+ more) <

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM

The 88 black and red SS Monte is my (next) dream Monte! Favorite body style, favorite color scheme. I'm jelly

I think it would look good in a garage next to my current Monte

Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
The 88 black and red SS Monte is my (next) dream Monte! Favorite body style, favorite color scheme. I'm jelly

I think it would look good in a garage next to my current Monte
Did you mean the one below ? (It's beautiful 4-Sure & I think he will get close to his asking price if he finds the right person that wanted a new one in 88 and couldn't afford it then, but can now)
1988 Monte Carlo SuperSport SS (under 500 miles) WoW

$16,500.00

Old 11-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Yep, that one is my dream, if not moreso than my current Monte. You can drop a REAL engine, ie a 454, in that beast. And the looks are sleek and, IMHO, timeless. I'll always lust after the styling of the Montes and Buicks in those days. It looks like a real car, something we'll never see "new" again.

It also doesn't hurt that its factory colors are already black and red One day I do want to own one of those for real, I just hope I can get one before they all disappear.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:59 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Yep, that one is my dream, if not moreso than my current Monte. You can drop a REAL engine, ie a 454, in that beast. And the looks are sleek and, IMHO, timeless. I'll always lust after the styling of the Montes and Buicks in those days. It looks like a real car, something we'll never see "new" again.

It also doesn't hurt that its factory colors are already black and red One day I do want to own one of those for real, I just hope I can get one before they all disappear.
Ever pulled the front bumper off of one, and watched each end droop to the ground? THATS A REAL FRONT BUMPER

And when the gauges almost start on fire. REAL GAUGES

Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Ok snarkapotamus, you can enjoy this

and I'll stick with this

Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Thats a sweet 69, I'm not bashing on muscle cars, but when you start talking about doing mods and saying the 3800 isn't a REAL engine, remember it pushes the 6th gen to a faster 1/4 mile then the v8 rwd 4th gen could pull out. Every car has it's drawbacks.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Whoa, down boy! I never said the 3800 isn't a real engine. Its one of the greatest modern engines GM has built. I love my 3800.

But - BUT - it's a whole different beast than, say, a 350 or 305, or even a 454 Not really comparable, just different. I personally have a thing for older cars, and the engines that came with them. We just won't ever see anything like them again. 3800s are everywhere now.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Question I don't know why ?, but I don't know a lot (lol)

Hi to the reader of this, I don't know why I post some of the things that I post on the MCF.
..Is there a message in my posts ?, or am I just wasting my time & filling `up empty space

I don't see what you see

Why can a certain vehicle annoys one person without affecting others?
Why can one person find it attractive while another person finds it's unattractive ?

I am sure that you agree with me that each and every person sees the world differently and from a different angle. While most people are aware of this fact they still find themsleves confused because they don't know exactly why do others see the world or vehicles in a different way!
I decided to write this article to help you end this confusion and to understand others in a better way.
* Or to add more confusion (ConFuZion) to this Subject (LOL)
Why do people see the world differently >?

Here is why people see the world differently: (Maybe )?
  • 1) They focus on their own flaws: Most people who have self confidence issues are not aware of the fact that most people focus on their own flaws more than they focus on anything else. A man who believes that he is short will most likely notice short and tall guys more than he will notice obese or skinny ones. While a tall obese person might be worrying about the way the short slim guy will perceive his weight the latter will be busy focusing on the hieght of the first and not his weight! This fact alone should be enough to make you feel confident around others
  • 2) They see a reflection of their own fears The girl who fears cats might believe that any moving object is a cat for a moment or two before she realizes that its something else. This perception problem also happens when people deal with each other. Those who were cheated on before usually focus on certain things when they deal with others, those who were abused focus on different things and so on. People always see a reflection of their fears in their daily lives and that's why they see the world differently
  • 3) They have different beliefs: The belief system a person has governs the way he sees reality. If ,for example, you believe that all people are mean then you will interpret their actions in a way that proves this fact true. If you believe that rich people are arrogant then you will always see them that way not because all of them are arrogant but because your perception of reality will be biased towards your beliefs. Beliefs come from past experiences and that's why the environment the person grows in determines the way he sees the world to a great extent motivating music played in war movies. A friend of mine finds them completely uninteresting! After simple analysis i realized that i liked this type of music because it resonates with my inner world. In other words, i believe i am a warrior and that's why i love war songs. People see the world based on their identities and as a result one person can find a certain thing interesting while the other person can find it boring
  • 4) They always see a reflection of their own thoughts: Have you ever seen a car that you love somewhere only to find that you don't when you get closer & inspected/drove? Whatever we think about affects our perception of reality. This perception error might happen also when you read a road sign or a certain word in a book. Whatever you are thinking about might affect your perception of reality to a certain extent...What do you think
  • Found-Revised-Submitted for unknown reason or maybe there was a reason...It's `all in the minds of the readers
  • Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 11-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Lol space don't worry, remember I have a 6th and a 4th gen, I love both, I just had to defend the 6th gen since it does have sleek styling and a lot of cool designed areas too it. And saying you can swap a 454 into a 4th gen isn't really fair.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Hi `Brock, & thanks for your post & taking the time to read what falls out of my tired mind this morning LOL ~> WOW...

You are lucky to have/own 2 generations of Monte Carlo's A 4th Gen & 6th Gen I know that you worked hard to get your dream rides and work harder to keep them 4-Sure...

I have learned that many see things different then me sometimes, many times...I think it would be a more crazy world `if we all liked the same type of ride...WoW, would that be boring 4-Sure.....I don't like everyone's ride, but I respect their right to like `it, love it drive it 4-Real....

I must depart & make some more coffee to be able to complete my work shift (LOL)...
EnZo `Brock, I wish you & Member's a Super Day ~> Life
EnJoy your Time on the MCF 4-Sure
Peace/Out from

Quick Reply: > 84 Hot Rod Monte Carlo S.S. (+ more) <