General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

5yr or 100,000 Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 5yr or 100,000 Warranty

General Motors announced that it will include a fully transferable five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty on some of its used vehicles, the Associated Press reported.

The new warranty will be effective March 5 on 2002 to 2006 GM certified used vehicles sold by GM's U.S. dealers, the automaker said. GM also said it will add Cars.com to its online vehicle-listing program.

Now doesn't this say "Certified USED vehicles?

I found the link on 2kMC.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4726

PS. I paid $1,700 for a 7yr/75,000 extended warranty on my '06 LTZ.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:55 PM

mmwrench that's great FOR YOU. Like I said a 98 GTP, 2000 Monte and now an 06 and NEVER ONE PROBLEM!!!! So these weren't just a couple years old but up to 8 years old.

Extended warranty = waste to me

Old 02-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 24_48Fan

Got mine for 5 yrs 75,000miles no deductible covers everything possible except consumable parts (brakes, etc.) for $978.00. Just turned 3800 miles in 6 months.
See RJ, just like I said, there are warranty deals to be had if the deal above is direct from GM and not a third party.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: rj

General Motors announced that it will include a fully transferable five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty on some of its used vehicles, the Associated Press reported.
The new warranty will be effective March 5 on 2002 to 2006 GM certified used vehicles sold by GM's U.S. dealers, the automaker said. GM also said it will add Cars.com to its online vehicle-listing program.
Now doesn't this say "Certified USED vehicles?
I found the link on 2kMC.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4726

PS. I paid $1,700 for a 7yr/75,000 extended warranty on my '06 LTZ.
RJ, thanks for your post & infor.
I got my Monte in September as a Certified UsedMonte (it had 3,800 miles) GM
certified added 3months & 3K miles to my warranty. Now I'm
covered to 39K &to September2009
I didn't have the $ to get any any coverage beyond that : )
[:-]Below is GM infor [:-]

When buying a used vehicle, reliability is the primary concern of every customer. Every GM Certified Used Vehicle has to pass an exhaustive, 100+ Point GM Certification inspection. Brakes, steering, engine, wipers, each and every mechanical and electrical function is examined and tested. No cosmetic detail, right down to removing thumb prints, goes unchecked either. When our customers drive away, they're proud of their vehicle and confident it will serve them well for a long time to come.

Every GM Certified Used Vehicle is backed by one of the best, if not the best, used vehicle warranties available. We add our own 3 month / 3,000 mile warranty to any existing one. It's standard, too. Won't cost you an extra dime. We also offer additional warranty packages to customers who do an exceptional amount of driving or who just feel better having a little extra coverage.

We understand that buying a car or truck is a very personal decision and we respect the fact that ultimately, only you can determine whether or not a vehicle is right for you. This can take a little time. So we offer a 3 day or 150-mile, whichever comes first, satisfaction guarantee. See your GM Certified Used Vehicle Dealer for details.

No-Hassle Market-Based PricingTM is your assurance that every GM Certified Used Vehicle is fairly priced at its market value. This means there are no needless negotiations, no hidden costs, and the vehicle's price is clearly listed on the GM Certified Window Label.

[font=arial,helvetica][size=2]We're not just selling cars, we're selling ways to make life a little less hectic. Changing flat tires, bringing fuel to empty gas tanks, no matter what the problem is, you can count on our complimentary roadside assistance program. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we'll help get you back on the road and on your way as soon as possible. Your G

Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Grampa Dave,
It would have been great to get a warranty like your's but I wasn't given this option. H--l I wasn't evn told the extended warranty had a price until I'd signed the papers for it.
(I never liked the fact the dealer did this to me)

Space,
My LTZ had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it. The dealer told me I only got whatever was left of the original warranty (3yrs/36,000 miles minus 1 yr/10,000 miles) then add to it the extended warranty I purchased for additional 5yrs.

Maybe the difference here is the fact your car had X many miles less then mine did and this is why you got that added to the original warranty?

My $0.02 worth. I think it was the dealer I went through? They just decided to take advantage of me?

I did copy the link I posted above and sent it in an email to the saleslady I worked with. Let's see what she has to say about this?
In the letter she mailed me she explained my car was NOT covered by the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Only new cars were.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Grampa Dave,
It would have been great to get a warranty like your's but I wasn't given this option. H--l I wasn't evn told the extended warranty had a price until I'd signed the papers for it.
(I never liked the fact the dealer did this to me)

Space,
My LTZ had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it. The dealer told me I only got whatever was left of the original warranty (3yrs/36,000 miles minus 1 yr/10,000 miles) then add to it the extended warranty I purchased for additional 5yrs.

Maybe the difference here is the fact your car had X many miles less then mine did and this is why you got that added to the original warranty?

My $0.02 worth. I think it was the dealer I went through? They just decided to take advantage of me?

I did copy the link I posted above and sent it in an email to the saleslady I worked with. Let's see what she has to say about this?
In the letter she mailed me she explained my car was NOT covered by the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Only new cars were.

FWIW, I had 9707 miles and my warrantyis valid until 109,707 or August 23rd 2011, whichever comes first.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Every GM Certified Used Vehicle is backed by one of the best, if not the best, used vehicle warranties available. We add our own 3 month / 3,000 mile warranty to any existing one. It's standard, too. Won't cost you an extra dime. We also offer additional warranty packages to customers who do an exceptional amount of driving or who just feel better having a little extra coverage.
[/align]
Huh? I was told my certified car was under the factor warranty for 3 years or 36k. does the above mean that it was really up to 39k miles? Or are they talking about certified non-GM used cars?

Old 02-22-2007, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
Every GM Certified Used Vehicle is backed by one of the best, if not the best, used vehicle warranties available. We add our own 3 month / 3,000 mile warranty to any existing one. It's standard, too. Won't cost you an extra dime. We also offer additional warranty packages to customers who do an exceptional amount of driving or who just feel better having a little extra coverage.

Huh? I was told my certified car was under the factor warranty for 3 years or 36k. does the above mean that it was really up to 39k miles? Or are they talking about certified non-GM used cars?
[align=center]Hi Grandpa Dave,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you purchased your LTZ & it was GM Certified[/align][align=center]1. add 3 months to the remaining warranty at[/align][align=center]the time of sale to you.[/align][align=center]2. Add 3K miles to the remaining warranty[/align][align=center]at your time of sales.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's in the GM computer, have it checked when U [/align][align=center]take you awesome LTZ in 4 service tomorrow.[/align][align=center]Your Service advisorwill give you a[/align][align=center]complete copy of everything that has been[/align][align=center]done 2 your car. Including the previous owner.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hope this helps,[/align][align=center]Wish U a Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-25-2007, 12:57 PM

I got a Total Care 5/100 Warranty with a 100 ded. for 1450.00...seeing what others have paid, looks like I got a pretty good deal, huh? Maybe the warranty is a waste, but it's nice to know that I will never have to pay any big repair bills. I paid a total of 16,200 for an 06 LT3 with 14000 miles, including warranty. Now I just need to get the damn remotes fixed

Old 02-25-2007, 02:13 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: shmedley

I got a Total Care 5/100 Warranty with a 100 ded. for 1450.00...seeing what others have paid, looks like I got a pretty good deal, huh? Maybe the warranty is a waste, but it's nice to know that I will never have to pay any big repair bills. I paid a total of 16,200 for an 06 LT3 with 14000 miles, including warranty. Now I just need to get the damn remotes fixed
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Tom & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your got a Super-SUPER Deal on your Monte : ) WoW[/align][align=center]What equipment/options does it have ?[/align][align=center]What color ? in/out : )[/align][align=center]Give us your review & what you think of your LT3.[/align][align=center]Does the $16,200 include your warranty ?[/align][align=center]Does your dad own the DealerShip ? LOL[/align][align=center]Oh, hope U voted for Monte of the Month : )[/align][align=center]We we will look'in 4-ward to your future post..[/align][align=center]Post some pic's of your new Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you safe/happy miles in your LT3,[/align][align=center]`SpaceRider[/align]

Quick Reply: 5yr or 100,000 Warranty