General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Exhaust Build: 2006 SS Exhaust Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 PM
Default 2006 SS Exhaust Suggestions?

I have a 2006 SS Monte carlo and was looking into getting a louder meaner exhaust. As of right now i have the full magnaflow kit and its a nice sounding exhaust but its just too deep. Also the 3500 rpm rev limiter isnt doing the magnaflows justice either. When people tell me to rev my car I know once they hear it they would have expected better. I was thinking of removing the resonator and keeping the mufflers but dont know how it would sound and would it also cut performence wise. If anyone has soundclips with the magnaflow mufflers and just the resonator delete id highly appreciate it.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:56 AM

The res delete will improve the sound greatly.. Probably to the point youre expecting is should be.. Although you say its too deep, this may make it deeper. My (and probably everyone else's) opinion is that itll make it sound better. If you can get away with a cat delete, thatll only add to the "performance" sound..

As for the rev limiter, there are TONS of places online and probably locally that do tunes on your PCM.. It usually comes with other adjustments and enhancements such as air/fuel mixture, rev limiter, shift points.. Its mostly done safely and reliably for daily drivers but there are more hardcore tunes for the more race inspired driver.

With these couple exhaust mods you wont lose any kind of power, only gain. Then adding a PCM tune will bring out the most potential from the exhaust work.

Surely youll want to get a cold air intake with your exhaust work first, only if youre planning on a PCM tune.. Always tune last.

Everything im saying here i have learned from the site and is covered thoroughly throughout. There is a TON of info for these cars here.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 PM

Just straight pipe it! lol here's a link to the video of mine straight piped

https://youtu.be/_c7TpbGoaPk

Old 07-22-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by S.O.G.
Just straight pipe it! lol here's a link to the video of mine straight piped

https://youtu.be/_c7TpbGoaPk
Aye thats a mean sound you got man. Ive waited awhile but im actually getting the res delete for my car tomorrow. Hopefully magnaflow mufflers and a res delete with suit my tase. Ill post a clip tomorow