General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2004 Intimidator SS---with 10 miles!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Default 2004 Intimidator SS---with 10 miles!!!!!

I am looking at a NEW 2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS. New---it has NEVER been titled and has 10miles showing. I am thinking about buying and storing(adding to my collection).
Questions.
1. how-many were made?
2. is this car TRULY a collectable?
3. the sticker is $32,000----what is the value on today's market?
4. were there any other years that the Intimidator SS was made?
5. are all Intimidator SS cars supercharged?
THANKS for your time

agteacher

Old 05-03-2007, 09:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: 2004 Intimidator SS---with 10 miles!!!!!

Welcome,

The 04 is actually the second Intimidator. Don't know about the collectibility, but it sounds like a great catch!

Someone here should have the production numbers.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 PM

THANKS
When you say "second" does this mean that the 1st modelwas the 2003????
This car is sweet......really to nice to drive-around in AND let some lowlife rearend it.

Agteacher

Old 05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think it was 2002 they had a dale sr monte and also in 04 they had the intimidator

as for value...maybe in about 50 years or something it may be worth something...but i dont think its like the old days where you could have like a 56 chev or a 70 chevelle or a 69 challenger..and today its worth something...

buy the car if your going to drive it...and enjoy it...i dont understand people buying cars just to park them..if you've got that kind of money get a high end car that will be worth something like a austin martin vanquish or a viper or a lamborghini...etc.. etc...

cars do not hold their value anymore

and yes all the intimidator monte's are supercharged

buy the car if you want to enjoy it and have fun with it like i did with my tony stewart monte...i know mine there were 1020 of them made...i think they're were quiete a few more of the intimidators made

Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM

the sticker is $32,000... but what are they selling it for?... it's already 3+ years old, still "new" or not... sticker on my '06 SS was just about $32,000....

3-year old gas and oil in it?? hasn't been run much, no lubrication going through it - I wonder what kind of condition the engine seals/rings/gaskets and everything are in??

suggested dealer retail by kelley blue book for the 2004 is around the $20,000 mark... I wouldn't pay much more than that... Gotta remember, if something happens to it, insurance doesn't care that it only has 10 miles on it... they look at the year of the car and the book value when it comes time to repair/replace anything - or just total it out.

The Intimidator SS had a scheduled production run of 4,000 units. Prior models were the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition (3,333 units) and the 2003 Jeff Gordon Signature Edition (2,424 units).

Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM

[align=center]Hi Brent, below are some samples of used 04 Intimidator's SS[/align][align=center]and what they are selling for now[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click link below [:-]Current bid under $10K 22k miles[/align][align=center]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXCEL...QQcmdZViewItem[/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ ___________________[/align][align=center][:-]Here's another used one [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click link below[:-]Has Several Monte's 4 Sale[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.classyauto.com/v/used/Che...+Edition/32916[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let us know what you decide....I think Monte Carlo's should be driven...not stored Good Luck `Brent : )[/align]

Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 PM

THANKS to all
A GM dealer has it in has personal collection(this is why it has never been titled--registered).He still shows it on his books(dealership) but now he is going to sell. The dealership is "going under" and he has to sell his "toys" off.
The car has been stored inclimate controlled and started every 2 weeksand run for 30 mins . at each time.Also the oil has been changed every 6 months. This guy is a "real car nut" but a good guy to buy from. I have bought other cars from him in the past.
I was looking for something new to go with some of my other cars......
We are DEALING at the price of around 20K....but I like 18K better and he likes 20K[:@]...so.........what now????
THANKS again for the replies.
Agteacher

Old 05-04-2007, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: agteacher

I am looking at a NEW 2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS. New---it has NEVER been titled and has 10miles showing. I am thinking about buying and storing(adding to my collection).
Questions.
1. how-many were made?
2. is this car TRULY a collectable?
3. the sticker is $32,000----what is the value on today's market?
4. were there any other years that the Intimidator SS was made?
5. are all Intimidator SS cars supercharged?
THANKS for your time

agteacher
1. In 2002 there were 3333 Dale Sr Intimidators made. Standard 3800 Engine.http://www.daleearnhardt.net/chevy/signature/index.htm

In 2004 there were 4000 Intimidator cars made. 3800 Supercharged Engine. I have number 18 off the line. http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...rdt/index.html

2. Collectable by Nascar fans. Possibly in years to come. With car collectables you never know. If we all start driving 1 liter engines it could be. If NASCAR goes down the tubes nobody will care, if it really rises all these themed cars could be collectables.

3. Todays market it is about $17,000 - $19,000

4. See response 1.

5. See response 1.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: agteacher

THANKS to all
I was looking for something new to go with some of my other cars......
We are DEALING at the price of around 20K....but I like 18K better and he likes 20K
[:@]...so.........what now????
THANKS again for the replies.
Agteacher
Hi Brent, If you have $18K to invest, I think it would be a super buy, but
I couldn't resist driving it : )...What other cars are you collecting ? Please share : )
If I had the Money : ( I would get the last year 2007 Monte Carlo SS V-8 and
I'm sure there are dealers that are giving discounts on them, plus you get
a 5yr/100k Warranty on a 2007.
The last year for the Monte Carlo : ( [X(]. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.
`Space
I envy you & wish I had your problems: )

Old 05-04-2007, 06:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It sounds like a nice car.

One bit of advice is with all this setting unless it was stored with the weight of the car OFF the suspension there could be wear to it due to the fact the earth's movement can and does destroy a car's suspension from just setting. Driving/messaging it is the key to keeping it in shape (till it wears out from usage).

Personally I feel the lower number series Montes such as the Jr., Tony Stewart, Dale Sr cars will/are becoming more popular then they were when new. Two weeks ago at the Montes @ MIS event it was obvious the Jr. or TS, or Sr. car owners are completely loyal to their cars and very happy with them.

Quick Reply: 2004 Intimidator SS---with 10 miles!!!!!